What is the trailer node inside NFOs for?
Hi,

I've tried asking this before a long time ago, also quite recently 3x in the EMM forum but had no reply (specifically because I use EMM to scrape). I'm trying to understand how the trailer node in the NFO files is used. I seem to have a mix of content and I want to clean it up using a PowerShell script to edit or perhaps remove the nodes. An example of the various types:

Code:
<trailer>M:\We Own the Night (2007)\We Own the Night (2007)-trailer.mov</trailer>

<trailer>http://www.totaleclips.com/Player/Bounce.aspx?eclipid=e25085&bitrateid=472&vendorid=102&type=.mp4</trailer>

<trailer>rtmp://amazonimdb.fcod.llnwd.net/a2643/o25/s/theaters/MV5/BMT/U5M/DIwMV5BMTU5MDIwNDYxMV5BNl5BZmx2XkFtZTcwMjc4OTYzNg4040?e=1319573908&h=1c79eb67b9972a86e18416f271004369</trailer>

I think there is also another kind which passes off a Youtube URL to a youtube plugin also? Frodo only? I don't have this in my NFOs at the moment.

How is this node handled by XBMC? If the trailer node does not exist, will XBMC automatically detect if there is a local trailer in the same folder as the movie (with -trailer on the filename)? If this trailer node does exist, does it take priority over the local trailer?

Thanks for any help Smile
Do any of the devs know this? Last time I posed an NFO/XML question a dev came to my rescue! Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What is the trailer node inside NFOs for?0