HTTP source using h5ai
I'm having some trouble adding a custom source to my XBMC set up. I've got an Apache2 server up and running that I use to stream movies to my computer and would like to include it as a source in XBMC. I'm no web server expert, but I managed to get h5ai style indexing on my server, which I'd like to keep. The problem is that when h5ai is enabled, XBMC can't locate any of the files and only shows lists the parent directory (..). With h5ai disabled I have no issue browsing through my files.

I have the same problem on my RPi and iPhone and I'm running XBMC 12.0. Has anyone else encountered this problem?
not supported. and does not make any sense, xbmc doesn't care about "pretty directory listings".
if you really need h5ai, just make a 2nd location for xbmc without h5ai pointing to the same directory.

having said that: there are much better suited ways to stream stuff, specially on a LAN
Hey wsnipex,

Thanks for the reply. I understand h5ai is useless for XBMC, but I will be using my server outside of XBMC as well so I wanted to keep the "pretty directory listings" as you say. I think my biggest problem is that I'm inexperienced with web servers. I did not realize I could make a subdirectory that would exclude h5ai that I could have just for XBMC. This sounds like a good solution so I'll look into it.

As far as better ways to stream, server is not in my local network so HTTP streaming seemed like the easiest solution.

EDIT: In case anyone has the same issue as I had, I made a directory specifically for XBMC that excludes h5ai as per wsnipex's suggestion and I've got everything working now. A simple .htaccess file in said directory with
PHP Code:
DirectoryIndex  index.html 
will keep h5ai from indexing there.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HTTP source using h5ai0