Win Have To Login To TVServer Via Windows
Hi,

I'm using an XBMC (v12) client to access MePo TVServer (1.3.0) - at present just trialling via a laptop connected to an old P4 based machine with a TBS DVB-T card. When I first start XBMC and try to select a TV channel under 'Live TV', I get no response.

I know what the problem is - the TVServer is not allowing the connection until I login to it via the XBMC client via Windows. If I make a connection to the TVServer via Explorer and enter valid login credentials it then runs OK.

I've gone through the Windows settings on the TVServer I believe are necessary to turn off the requirement for having to login, but it's still not working - am I missing something?

I'm trying to get it all setup before I launch into a full blown deployment of MePo and XBMC around the house so any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks...
You will need to tell Windows to remember your login credentials for acessing the Live-TV and Recordings shares on the dialog that asks you for your credentials when accessing the shares using the Explorer.

The easiest option is to create a Windows account on your backend machine with the same username and password as on your XBMC frontend machine.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
Hi margro,

Thanks for that - I have clicked the 'remember my credentials' option but that doesn't seem to work either.

I'll have to see if I can get your other option of a standardised username/password across the two machines to work.

Cheers.
You don't say what O/S you using, if client/server is Win7 - then just create a home group on the server then join the client to the home group. Then set your shares giving permissions to the home group . Then no need to duplicate accounts or even have passwords.
When you set up the folders for time-shifting on the MP server, did you use a Local path or Network? It needs to be something like \\Server\timeshifting and not c:\timeshifting
Birdincamera : Yes, both are Win7 so will try your suggestion.

tommywm22 : Have checked and it is set to a network path, not a local one.

Thanks both.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Have To Login To TVServer Via Windows0