How main menu mouse navigation works?
I have lowered the group that holds the main menu, addons etc. I've also changed the hitrect area for addons so that it works with the lowered ones and won't overlap the lowered main menu.

Problem now is that in order to move focus in the main menu list to the next or previous item i have to move the cursor all the way to the edge of the screen. All the submenus, player controls, global search and so on work fine. Even if i move the group back to it's old position the mouse won't work correctly, so the problem must lie elsewhere.

I guess the broader question would be how mouse control works in any skin, i can only find 4 hitrect areas in Confluence, only 1 of them being in the home screen (addons). Why do addons require hitrect and other controls don't?
hitrects are automatically set to the extent of the controls. You really only need change them if your control should extend further (or not as much).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I changed the menu from a fixedlist to a wraplist, that's the reason for the mouse behaviour change.
Yup - wraplist has quite different behaviour.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How main menu mouse navigation works?0