ALL Repositories Empty? 12.1
Hi Guys,

I can't access ANY repositories, including XBMC's official repo.

My internet connection is solid. Debug link below.

http://pastebin.com/ahuqpqZh

Help would be very much appreciated
Select the repo and bring context menu up and from there select force refresh and force update or whatever the other option is.
It should take a while but the repos contents should refresh and show up.

uNi
Added wiki entry for it but needs some better explanation i think

Add-ons#Empty_repository_list (wiki)
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Fixed, thank you very much!
Great thinking Martijn, I went ahead and polished your entry up and added my own in FAQ to point to this explanation. its here XBMC_v12_(Frodo)_FAQ#What_should_I_do_when_Addon_repositories_dont_list_any_contents.3F (wiki)
Im sure someone can even improve on that and even why repos show up empty sometimes...

* un1versal takes off flying to the wiki world
Hi,

after every reboot I see empty repositories and have to force refresh .. any suggestions ?

Greetz

LastCoder
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group
LastCoder: I guess XBMC tries to refresh the repositories before your internet connection is available / network is up.
When XBMC can't refresh the repositories it shows them as empty, this is a known issue.
You might want to look at delaying the startup of XBMC until your internet connection is available.
shouldn't it become available after some time like 10 minutes or are you getting notifications about it?
hm .. no notifications at all .. the addons db (I guess it's where the repos are stored ?) file exists after reboot and has the same size like after forced refresh .. xbmc loads faster than the internet connection is established (but its fast too, RSS ticker is soon available after start), but it's a WAF killer to slow down XBMC startup Wink .. this issue didn't appear in Eden ..
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
UNCHAINED Demo Group
when do you enter the addons browser? right after boot or half an hour later?

perhaps we should delay the repo check a bit so it doesn't do that right at start-up but just after 30 seconds or so.
that gives xbmc time to do other things first and give time to get the connection up or at least delay until you have a connection.

@cptspiff
your thoughts?
(2013-03-25, 11:50)Martijn Wrote: when do you enter the addons browser? right after boot or half an hour later?

Doesn't matter if right after start up or hours later .. what about a periodic checkup every 2 - 3 hours (maybe with an option like EPG update interval) ? I guess there are some machines that are up 24/7 ..

Greetz

LastCoder
UNCHAINED Demo Group
It's discussed here too

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=157211
UNCHAINED Demo Group
It should already do a periodic checkup every 6 hours, and every 10 minutes if one fails - until it works again.

@Martijn: Seeing the amount of issues I begin to have the feeling this system is not working correctly anymore for everyone. Is it possible the 10-minute check is broken ? - that would sure explain the issues people are having.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ALL Repositories Empty? 12.10