[RELEASE] The Big Pictures Screensaver
This is the exception that I get, the InFocus source stopped working now also:

11:56:27 T:4308 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
11:56:28 T:4308 NOTICE: TheBigPictures Manager: __init__ with enabled_scrapers: ['AtlanticInFocus']
11:56:28 T:4308 NOTICE: TheBigPictures Manager: switch_to_next id=0
11:56:28 T:4308 NOTICE: TheBigPictures ScraperPlugin[AtlanticInFocus]: get_tree opening url "http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/"
11:56:28 T:4308 NOTICE: TheBigPictures ScraperPlugin[AtlanticInFocus]: get_tree received 82874 bytes
11:56:30 T:4308 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'findAll'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\jojo\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.screensaver.bigpictures\screensaver.py", line 60, in onInit
self.slideshow()
File "C:\Users\jojo\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.screensaver.bigpictures\screensaver.py", line 73, in slideshow
albums = self.scraper_manager.get_albums()
File "C:\Users\jojo\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.bigpictures\lib\thebigpictures.py", line 73, in get_albums
albums = self.current_scraper.get_albums()
File "C:\Users\jojo\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.bigpictures\lib\scrapers.py", line 54, in get_albums
return self._albums or self._get_albums()
File "C:\Users\jojo\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.bigpictures\lib\scrapers.py", line 166, in _get_albums
headlines = section.findAll('h1', {'class': 'headline'})
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'findAll'
-->End of Python script error report<--
Same here, none of the sources work anymore for me. I'm running Kodi v14 (Helix.) Are there any other similar screensavers? Or any hope for this one to be updated?
Hi,
Love the screensaver. Any chance of seeing 1080p pictures pulled in from the bbc source and others mentioned? Also, any way to change the whole screen instead of just the image part. My plasma screen is not being "saved" if you catch my drift Smile

Keep up the good work.
Hi,

I fixed the add-on and uploaded the fixed version you should receive an update shortly (max 24h).

Here is the changelog (everything should now work again)
- fixed The Big Picture Scraper (thx to Tobias Kühne)
- fixed AtlanticInFocus Scraper
- fixed SacBeeFrame Scraper
- fixed WallStreetJournal Scraper
- fixed TotallyCoolPix Scraper
- removed TimeLightbox Scraper
- removed NewYorkTimesLens Scraper
- improved performance on weak machines in The Big Picture and Atlantic in Focus

regards,
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
Thanks so much sphere! Very happy to have this excellent screensaver back. It's working great on Kodi on my FireTV Stick.

Much appreciated.
Thanks spehre, it works great!
One issue I'm seeing is the dueling text titles, one in white and another in blue right on top of it. Is there a way to remove one?

I'm currently working on a version that supports an alternative simpler view, where you see more artwork and less text.
Also thinking about trying to add a clock.

Added a new scraper for some internally configured reddit pictures also. That's actually waiting to be merged, not sure if it will be accepted.
(2015-02-24, 20:09)Fofer Wrote: One issue I'm seeing is the dueling text titles, one in white and another in blue right on top of it. Is there a way to remove one?

Which Skin do you use? What is your XBMC/Kodi Resolution?

(2015-02-27, 23:23)Razze Wrote: I'm currently working on a version that supports an alternative simpler view, where you see more artwork and less text.

Added a new scraper for some internally configured reddit pictures also. That's actually waiting to be merged, not sure if it will be accepted.
Yes I already saw your PR - looks good. I didn't have the time yet for a detail look and test.
But thanks in advance! Smile
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
(2015-02-28, 00:05)sphere Wrote:
(2015-02-27, 23:23)Razze Wrote: I'm currently working on a version that supports an alternative simpler view, where you see more artwork and less text.

Yes I already saw your PR - looks good. I didn't have the time yet for a detail look and test.
But thanks in advance! Smile

Your welcome.

I'll follow it up with a pr from here https://github.com/Razzeee/script.screen...igpictures but I probably need a skinner to get where I want to be for the simple layout.
Razze (uses Confluence 'WeatherTemp' font)

Edit: Tested in:

Confluence (no issue)
Aeon Nox (alignment issues, occurs with unmodified version)
Arctic: Zephyr (skin is missing default font replacements)
Blac Glass Nova (skin is missing default font replacements)
BOX (skin is missing default font replacements)
Conq (skin is missing default font replacements)
Eminence (skin is missing default font replacements)
Maximinimalism (skin is missing default font replacements)
Mimic (same issue as Aeon Nox)
Nebula (skin is missing default font replacements)
Rapier (skin is missing default font replacements)
reFocus (skin is missing default font replacements)
Xperience1080 (no issue)

Hmm, that pretty much rules out the below option.

An updated simple theme as discussed, I've also sent you a PM.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
I am also interested in replacing the current skin with a simpler one, so if you are interested: PRs welcome Wink
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
(2015-02-28, 19:33)sphere Wrote: I am also interested in replacing the current skin with a simpler one, so if you are interested: PRs welcome Wink

In my current branch you can switch between the simple one and yours. But we can just delete that.
The problem with the above is the font... I haven't read anything about including fonts with add-on skins - is that possible?
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
(2015-02-28, 20:28)Piers Wrote: The problem with the above is the font... I haven't read anything about including fonts with add-on skins - is that possible?
still no sadly
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] The Big Pictures Screensaver1