newbe HD sound problem SOLVED
I just upgraded xbmc and now my TV shows downloaded in HD have no sound; SD works fine. I am running a GeFource 210 in ubuntu.
If possible, I would like to avoid any programming, as that would greatly increase the likelihood of a larger screw up Tongue. BTW I am using HDMI connection to my TV.
Have you checked out the Frodo FAQ (wiki)'s sound section? Off hand I'm not sure what the linux tweaks are, but that page should point you in the right direction. I'm assuming you mean you've updated from v11 "Eden" to v12 "Frodo"?
And what @ned Scott said doesnt apply see AudioEngine/HOW-TO:_Configure_audio (wiki) Because it likely also that your having some incompatible settings there since your Connected to tv and probably have HD audio and other TV incompatible formats turned on.

A screenshot of xbmc audio settings would confirm but its all on that link I posted how to setup things.

uNi
I tried turning off the stereo output to sll receivers, but was not able to turn off the passthru option. no luck so far
Eh?

Just do what it says on link http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=AudioEngine/HOW-TO:_Configure_audio#Audio_Output_Settings_Guide (wiki) on the TV collumn. and paste a screenshot of how you have it so we can see.

It should work presuming what Ned Scott doesnt apply and if it does you need to follow that too.

uNi
Nothing seem to work allthought I have not gone all the way thru the how to. However, on a hunch, I changed the output to analog instead of HDMI and it all works!!. What am I giving up by going this route? (I am reluctant to belive in free lunch)Tongue
The how-to tells you HTPC connected to TV (if you followed the TV collumn of the table) its tells you to set analog. So how can you have followed the how to (your probably following wrong part)
Ive asked you twice to post a screenshot of your settings and considering you ignored me twice I shall consider this matter closed and solved.

uNi
Thanks for all the help guys. I was going to send that screen shot but first had to locate and install a screen capture program. I really am a newbe in many things. I did see the analog in the how to. I'm sorry for the delay but was amazed at the speed of your replies. You guys are great!!
Please close this thread as it is solved.

To paraphrase the late mr adems, this is a meaning of analog I am not familiar with Smile
No screenshot programs required for XBMC.

For future reference pressing the prtscreen on keyboard while in XBMC or the record button on MCE remote does a screenshot of the screen.

You can also full edit your main post and select SOlved from the drop down menu to left of Subject line.

uNi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
newbe HD sound problem SOLVED0