Logos for Movie Sets
If XBMC adds support for movie set logos, then you will see a big increase in people creating the logos for fanart.tv. I know I would make sure there are logos for every one of my sets if it was supported in XBMC. As of right now I'm not going to take the time to create logos for sets when I can't use them, and don't know if I ever will be able to.
If any of you want to create some movie set logos, you can already add them to fanart.tv. All you need to do is find the id for the relevant set on tmdb and paste it into the search bar on fanart.tv. It will find the relevant set and then you just add the artwork as normal. There is no scraper for the movie set logos at present, but I'm sure that will change in time.
(2013-07-24, 08:37)mikebzh44 Wrote: You cannot adjust or change or add any logo. This addon is made for looking on your disk to find logo.png in your movieset folder and to add it into XBMC database.

Because displaying artwork for movieset in Aeon Nox is done by script.extendedinfo and this script make queries in XBMC database to retrieve those informations.

I don't know how did you manage to get artwork menu with clearlogo for Die hard movieset.

Yea I don't know how that Logo ended up for the Die Hard Movie set. I only had one of the films, when I added a 2nd and 3rd movie to make it a set, the logo carried over from the 1st movie that I had. I then decided to change it like I would change any logo and created my own. I've tried this process with other movie sets by removing and then re-adding movies, but it does not work. I don't have any movie sets in the same folder, so I will have to try that this evening.

Ok Here is what I did to my Back to the future Collection set.

Back to the future Collection Folder
-> Back to the Future
-> Back to the Future II
-> Back to the Future III
-> Folder.jpg
-> Fanart.jpg
-> logo.png

So I changed the file structure and the add on picked up the new poster and fanart and changed it to that but it did not pick up the logo. Thoughts?
(2013-07-24, 17:03)jdastas Wrote:
(2013-07-24, 08:37)mikebzh44 Wrote: You cannot adjust or change or add any logo. This addon is made for looking on your disk to find logo.png in your movieset folder and to add it into XBMC database.

Because displaying artwork for movieset in Aeon Nox is done by script.extendedinfo and this script make queries in XBMC database to retrieve those informations.

I don't know how did you manage to get artwork menu with clearlogo for Die hard movieset.

Yea I don't know how that Logo ended up for the Die Hard Movie set. I only had one of the films, when I added a 2nd and 3rd movie to make it a set, the logo carried over from the 1st movie that I had. I then decided to change it like I would change any logo and created my own. I've tried this process with other movie sets by removing and then re-adding movies, but it does not work. I don't have any movie sets in the same folder, so I will have to try that this evening.

-> Back to the Future
-> Back to the Future II
-> Folder.jpg
-> Fanart.jpg
-> logo.png

So I changed the file structure and the add on picked up the new poster and fanart and changed it to that but it did not pick up the logo. Thoughts?

Have you tried creating a folder dedicated to movieset artwork. That worked straight away for me Huh
(2013-07-23, 10:38)mikebzh44 Wrote: Look at this thread :

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1445195

And my mod :

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1446534

Thanks Mike, works perfectly, finally started making logos for my sets Smile
My Madnox Mods | Nox Version Guide
---------------------------------------------------------------
Movie Logo Requests | Studio Logo Requests
Logo's Made So Far:
(2013-07-24, 17:41)Deano316 Wrote:
(2013-07-24, 17:03)jdastas Wrote:

-> Back to the Future
-> Back to the Future II
-> Folder.jpg
-> Fanart.jpg
-> logo.png

Have you tried creating a folder dedicated to movieset artwork. That worked straight away for me Huh

I have not, But will do so when I get home to try that. I assume I need to name the files "movie name (year).png" Huh
(2013-07-24, 23:47)jdastas Wrote:
(2013-07-24, 17:41)Deano316 Wrote:
(2013-07-24, 17:03)jdastas Wrote: Yea I don't know how that Logo ended up for the Die Hard Movie set. I only had one of the films, when I added a 2nd and 3rd movie to make it a set, the logo carried over from the 1st movie that I had. I then decided to change it like I would change any logo and created my own. I've tried this process with other movie sets by removing and then re-adding movies, but it does not work. I don't have any movie sets in the same folder, so I will have to try that this evening.

-> Back to the Future
-> Back to the Future II
-> Folder.jpg
-> Fanart.jpg
-> logo.png

I have not, But will do so when I get home to try that. I assume I need to name the files "movie name (year).png" Huh

Yes, "Back to the Future (1985)-fanart", "Back to the Future (1985)-logo" etc. Wink
@deano, can you try this new release :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/utxn08wdea1ylm...-0.2.0.zip

Added support to clearart.png and banner.jpg files.

Let me know if every thing is OK in Aeon Nox (I don't use this kind of artwork so I don't know which view use it).

If it's OK for you, I will push this release on official thread.

Thanks.

@jdastas : Before creating a dedicate folder, try this release.

I have test logo for 2 differentes types :

C:\Movies\Back to the future\folder.jpg
C:\Movies\Back to the future\fanart.jpg
C:\Movies\Back to the future\logo.png
C:\Movies\Back to the future\Back to the future I.mkv
C:\Movies\Back to the future\Back to the future II.mkv
C:\Movies\Back to the future\Back to the future III.mkv

C:\Movies\Back to the future\Back to the future I\Back to the future I.mkv
C:\Movies\Back to the future\Back to the future II\Back to the future II.mkv
C:\Movies\Back to the future\Back to the future III\Back to the future III.mkv

And it OK in both case but I have made some code fix.
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
Will try it in the next hour or so, let you know how it goes Wink
All working as far as I can tell Smile :

watch gallery

Great work Big Grin Keep those image types coming Wink
Thanks for the update mikebzh44, incredible addon man!
My Madnox Mods | Nox Version Guide
---------------------------------------------------------------
Movie Logo Requests | Studio Logo Requests
Logo's Made So Far:
(2013-07-25, 10:40)mikebzh44 Wrote: @deano, can you try this new release :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/utxn08wdea1ylm...-0.2.0.zip

Added support to clearart.png and banner.jpg files.

Let me know if every thing is OK in Aeon Nox (I don't use this kind of artwork so I don't know which view use it).

If it's OK for you, I will push this release on official thread.

Thanks.

@jdastas : Before creating a dedicate folder, try this release.

I have test logo for 2 differentes types :

C:\Movies\Back to the future\Back to the future I.mkv
C:\Movies\Back to the future\Back to the future II.mkv
C:\Movies\Back to the future\Back to the future III.mkv

And it OK in both case but I have made some code fix.

IT WORKED!!!! Thank you!
Greats !!

@ShadowTek : It's not MY addon, I have only add 3 artworks more, all the credits goes to Trentf Wink
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
ok new update,

I just finished a logo for "The Dark Knight Collection." I did everything the same as with Back to the future but have not had the same results.

Here is my folder/file structure for Back to the Future which works great.

Here is my folder/file structure for "The Dark Knight Collection"... This does not allow me to see any of the images in the collection folder. The images for the collection default to the ones chosen by my scrapper "Universal Scraper."

C:\Movies\The Dark Knight Collection\folder.jpg
C:\Movies\The Dark Knight Collection\fanart.jpg
C:\Movies\The Dark Knight Collection\logo.png
C:\Movies\The Dark Knight Collection\Batman Begins\Batman Begins.mkv
C:\Movies\The Dark Knight Collection\The Dark Knight\the Dark knight.mkv
C:\Movies\The Dark Knight Collection\The Dark Knight Rises\The Dark Knight Rises.mkv

My Thoughts are that I am naming the "collection" wrong... but have not had time to rename it something else such other than removing the word Collection from the folder, which also didn't work.

Here is the .png for anyone interested in using it.... Very basic job as I'm no graphics designer and I used pixlr to create it online.

well, the guys on fanart.tv starts to make collection logos ^^
give us some time to make more and more Wink

i love this addon - someday the extra stuff needs more space than the movie Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Logos for Movie Sets1