Laptop Audio Output
I have two laptops that have XBMC running, but neither one will play the audio on the laptop speakers, only headphones. Not just any headphones either. The audio jack on the laptop won't work (only with XBMC), but the wireless headphones do. Of course, that rules out any hope of playing the output on the big screen. Video works fine, but no audio. I've tried ever conceivable setting in XBMC and the computers, but I get nothing out. The desktop computer plays fine with the XBMC default settings.

Any clues for someone new to the media center?

Thanks!
Make/model of laptop? Using what OS?
Dell D620 and Dell E6400, both running Windows 7 Ultimate x86.
What are your wireless headphones (the ones that work) connected to on your laptop: 3.5mm audio-out jack or USB (e.g., Bluetooth, RF)?

Check your "Audio output device" selection on this page: System/Settings > System > Audio output.
The wireless headphones are RF, with the receiver in a USB port. The 3.5mm jack won't output audio when playing XBMC, but will for everything else. I've adjusted settings in the Audio Output section in System Settings of XBMC, with no difference there. I was even sure to select the audio output choices to the laptop speakers and RF Headphones. Very starnge. If it happened to one device only I would think it was just an anomaly, but with two it's not so likely.
On the System/Settings > System > Audio output page, what options do you have selected for:
  • Audio output
  • Speaker configuration
  • Audio output device
For "Audio output device", what are all the available options for this setting?
I haven't find any audio output that doesn't work with XBMC. I might have to find a wireless headphone to try it with XBMC. What audio output do you selected in Windows control panel? What is the supported formats shown in Windows control panel?
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2013-03-25, 23:57)artrafael Wrote: On the System/Settings > System > Audio output page, what options do you have selected for:
  • Audio output
  • Speaker configuration
  • Audio output device
For "Audio output device", what are all the available options for this setting?

Audio Output:

Analog (although I have tried HDMI and Optical Coax knowing they wouldn't make a difference)

Speaker Configuration:

Audio Output Device:

Automatically recognized by XBMC
DirectSound: Speakers - Lenovo Wireless Headset

All of the other were tried in different variations, but these represent the true laptop configuration.
It appears that the USB receiver for the headphones were conflicting with audio out directly to the laptop speakers. I unplugged it and got output from the onboard speakers, but the 3.8mm audio jack still doesn't provide any output.
What are *all* the available options for "Audio output device" now that you've unplugged the conflicting wireless headphones?
DirectSound: Speakers - Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)

WASAPI: Speakers - Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)
(2013-03-26, 01:24)Stacman Wrote: DirectSound: Speakers - Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)

WASAPI: Speakers - Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)
For high definition audio device, I found that it work very well with Realtek high definition audio codec as shown below.....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Laptop Audio Output0