• 144(current)
Release script.extendedinfo
I am aware that this script isn't being maintained anymore, but I still use it and I wonder if anyone knows if its possible to set the default action when selecting a movie/show from my library to open the "EI dialogue" rather than the default skin "info dialogue"  ( this is with action changed in media/library settings from "play to "show info" ) ?
Currently I have to open the context menu and scroll down to EI to open the EI dialogue, I know it will let me set it to open on titles only but was wanting it to do the same on all the options , eg , recently added,random,etc ?
Currently I am using Aura , it is the only skin I have found so far that has an option in skin settings to "force extended info dialogue" when selecting "info".
Hi

I have a little question. Is it possible to make this script has default when why ask info dialog.

To use it I need to long click on the media and use the context menu.

I make default action show info

And I want that was this script that I can get...

I know for power user it's simple but for me ....

So can you please help me....

Thanks so much.
Ludo
(2020-03-09, 17:50)Biofx80 Wrote: Hi

I have a little question. Is it possible to make this script has default when why ask info dialog.

Thanks so much.
Ludo

I have asked this question before but got no answer so you might be out of luck. There other info options like embuary etc but none of em come bear to the extended info interface. BTW , what do you mean by power user ?

Thanks so much.
Ludo
@Biofx80 , if I understand you correctly, you want the video info dialog from script.extendedinfo to be shown when you press info on any video item.  This is not somthing that is user configurable.  The skin developer of the skin you are using would have to have coded this, or provide a setting in the skin.  Please check with the skin developer for the skin you are using.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-03-09, 18:28)bsoriano Wrote:

Thanks so much.
Ludo
@Biofx80 , if I understand you correctly, you want the video info dialog from script.extendedinfo to be shown when you press info on any video item.  This is not somthing that is user configurable.  The skin developer of the skin you are using would have to have coded this, or provide a setting in the skin.  Please check with the skin developer for the skin you are using.

Regards,

Bart

@bsoriano , just curious , has there ever been a skin to your knowledge was ever coded to do the above ?
(2020-03-09, 19:04)ontap Wrote:
(2020-03-09, 18:28)bsoriano Wrote:

Thanks so much.
Ludo

Regards,

Bart

@bsoriano , just curious , has there ever been a skin to your knowledge was ever coded to do the above ?

Yes aura in miscellaneous offer the possibility to use extend info bye default.

Or a solution to choose the trailer addon, for example HD trailer..

Thanks for your answer
I think this could be done by editing the file addons\skin.estuary\xml\DialogVideoInfo.xml file.  At the very top add the last line <onload>...</onload> as shown here:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<window>
<defaultcontrol always="true">8</defaultcontrol>
<onload>SetProperty(infobackground,$ESCINFO[ListItem.Art(fanart)],home)</onload>
<onload>RunScript(script.extendedinfo,info=openinfodialog)</onload>

and you should be good.  The same principle in any other skin.  Just add the new <onload> line.

scott s.
(2020-03-25, 18:03)scott967 Wrote: I think this could be done by editing the file addons\skin.estuary\xml\DialogVideoInfo.xml file.  At the very top add the last line <onload>...</onload> as shown here:
Code:
<window>
<onload>SetProperty(infobackground,$ESCINFO[ListItem.Art(fanart)],home)</onload>

and you should be good.  The same principle in any other skin.  Just add the new <onload> line.

scott s.
.great will try that tx.
(2020-03-25, 18:03)scott967 Wrote: I think this could be done by editing the file addons\skin.estuary\xml\DialogVideoInfo.xml file.  At the very top add the last line <onload>...</onload> as shown here:
Code:
<window>

scott s.

Just for your info ,  tried it on both xonfluence and on nox silvo , doesn't work , default view pops uP.
    EDIT :  doesn't work on estuary either.
I was able to fix ERROR: NEWADDON Unknown Video Info Key "progress" by disabling the line "progress": item.get('progresspercentage') in kodidb.py.

But I still get the ERROR: NEWADDON Unknown Video Info Key "file".

I could not find any key named "file" in kodidb.py.

How can I fix this error?
Romanes eunt domus
(2020-03-31, 11:57)skippr Wrote: I was able to fix ERROR: NEWADDON Unknown Video Info Key "progress" by disabling the line "progress": item.get('progresspercentage') in kodidb.py.

But I still get the ERROR: NEWADDON Unknown Video Info Key "file".

I could not find any key named "file" in kodidb.py.

How can I fix this error?
Don't know of any kodidb.py in current extendedinfo?  How about a link to a debug log.

scott s.
If anyone is interested, I have a Python 3  version available at my github releease page here:  Ver 5.6.0+matrix.1

You must first install my Python 3 update of script.module.kodi65  1.2.1+matrix.1

I added a new setting for a personal Youtube API key which is required to get Youtube search results (the hard-coded key in kodi65 won't work any more). Playback is via official Youtube plugin so if a user has that working they can use the API key from setting the plugin up in the extended info setting.

Currently there is some added code that's unique to my skin mod. I don't think that will affect any other skin (the code is there to restore the videos or music window view that was in effect prior to searching Youtube, as the addon was hard-coded for Estuary view IDs, otherwise IIRC you end up with view 50 after exiting the addon's dialog window.)

scott s.
Wow Scott.

That's absolutely fantastic!
Thanks so much

I'll test functionality as soon as possible.

Any plans to PR the updated versions of script.extendedinfo and script.module.kodi65 to the official repo?
(2020-03-31, 19:05)Gade Wrote: Wow Scott.

That's absolutely fantastic!
Thanks so much

I'll test functionality as soon as possible.

Any plans to PR the updated versions of script.extendedinfo and script.module.kodi65 to the official repo?
I probably will submit them, but the main problem is I don't have that good an understanding of the addons code; mostly I was just trying to fix Python 3 errors that popped up.  For example, some of the "manage" features that need an account at TMDB I have no idea if they work or not.  I just know that I get results from query of movie and actors and youtube searches.

scott s.
I was really hoping this was one of the addons that died in the py3 migration
  • 144(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script.extendedinfo29