• 150(current)
Release script.extendedinfo
I have a collection of home movies and would LOVE to tag family members as "actors" and then have them pull up my own personal bio of the family member/images into the extendedinfo actor panel.  I know...sounds silly.  Is there a way to bypass the various movie databases/scrapers for extendedinfo and just provide your own data?  I provide all my own nfo files for Kodi so I know how to format XML for Kodi's scraping but I LOVE the extendedinfo panels for TV/Movies/Actors.  Before I start digging through code, I thought I'd see if that's possible as a concept.  I'm guessing the data would have to live in a Kodi database somewhere so I'm guessing my answer is no, but thought I'd give it some research.
(2022-12-12, 15:04)sfontes Wrote: I also have the problem where many of the items are not clickable. That is, when I click on them, nothing happens.
problem is with "script.module.kutils" name="Utilities for Kodi" version="1.3.0"
from kodi repo.....
copy this file
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/scott9...istitem.py
and paste in script.module.kutils/lib/kutils/listitem.py

this will fix your problem

@scott967
update "Utilities for Kodi" on repo
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
Kutils was taken over by @fbacher .  I have a pr against it but haven't been pushing for merge because I have some other needed fixes and also added a check for Nexus to get rid of the nags about listitem.setInfo.

I am away from home when I get back I have some needed stuff for extendedinfo as well.

As far as local actors.  I have been playing around with something that extends the current addon.  The idea is to have an "actor info" folder like currently used for music artist with subfolder per actor that contains actor image(s) and an actor.nfo file.  I also have an sqlite actor_info.db file that is the main data store and I can export to nfo or import from nfo.  But it needs work.  I probably will keep it separate from the current script.extendedinfo as it probably will be a bit buggy/more work to maintain for a large user base than I am able to keep with.   In Kodi I was using the movie "plot" in home movie nfo files to save info about the local actors into Kodi video database in sort of a formatted style, so I could read the Kodi database and parse the movie plot to extract the local artist data into my actor_info.db database, but my design also allows for using a hand-edited actor.nfo file as well.

When I get things working better I will take some screenshots to give an idea and maybe get some input.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
(2022-12-26, 21:41)Angelinas Wrote:
(2022-12-12, 15:04)sfontes Wrote: I also have the problem where many of the items are not clickable. That is, when I click on them, nothing happens.
problem is with "script.module.kutils" name="Utilities for Kodi" version="1.3.0"
from kodi repo.....
copy this file
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/scott9...istitem.py
and paste in script.module.kutils/lib/kutils/listitem.py

this will fix your problem

@scott967
update "Utilities for Kodi" on repo
Just wanted to jump in and say this fixes the issue for me as well. Hope your pull request gets merged in (and pushed out to the main repo) soon.
Is there any update for this script? I tried to use it with the default (estuary) skin today, but i cant make it to work. I use Kodi Kodi v20.2 (Nexus).
ty
Hi,

For my part, I never managed to get this script to work again and I switched to Embuary Info (see in my signature).

Bye
(2023-08-10, 07:57)nonob Wrote: Hi,

For my part, I never managed to get this script to work again and I switched to Embuary Info (see in my signature).

Bye

Thank you for the reply
(2023-08-09, 19:32)messalius Wrote: Is there any update for this script? I tried to use it with the default (estuary) skin today, but i cant make it to work. I use Kodi Kodi v20.2 (Nexus).
ty

Need a debug enabled log posted to paste.kodi.tv.  Current 6.0.5 ver should work with all Kodi 19/20/21

scott s.
(2021-07-24, 22:09)scott967 Wrote:
(2021-07-24, 03:35)Bungee_G Wrote: @scott967 have you seen the log ?

Also I don't understand why most of the skins use name=$INFO[ListItem.Title] while it's not accurate... dbid="$INFO[ListItem.DBID]" is.
Unfortunately your log shows plugin.video.venom installed, which is on the addon blacklist.  So no further analysis can be given for that client.

However, I will advise that extendedinfo is working as designed.  If extendedtvinfo is requested with a DBID, a query of the videodatabase is done to get the tmdb id for that DBID.  If found the tmdb will be used to query tmdb site.  If no tmdb id is in the database then the addon will not attempt to query tmdb for info.

In the case that extendedtvinfo is requested with the show title, the addon will query tmdb with the title and attempt to scrape the tmdb id.  I don't know why the addon was designed this way; I assume there is a valid reason (my assumption is that if the show is in the database, it must have been scraped prior so the tmdb id should be available).

The tmdb v3 api query does allow for a tv "year first shown" query parameter and it is possible to add that as a parameter when skins request extendedtvinfo by adding year=$INFO[ListItem.Year].  I have added that for testing.   It can also be used for movies, but in that case tmdb has 2 different year options: year, and first release year.  Since Kodi only stores 1 premier value I assume that's first release year, but will have to look at the scraper code to verify.

scott s.

I assume this was never sorted out?

Or is there a fix available for Television info not being displayed?

Referring to when using Kodi 19.
"ExtendedInfo Script" version="6.0.5" no longer works!!

The API key of TMDB has changed for this addon.

(Kodi 19/20/21)
Since the "ExtendedInfo Script" version 6.0.6 is not yet available in the Kodi repo, you can use this link.

https://github.com/scott967/script.exten...-6.0.6.zip

That means all older versions with the tmdb api key "34142515d9d23817496eeb4ff1d223d0"
No longer work.
Unless you change the TMDB api key manually.
I didn't get any notice that the previously key had expired, but I wasn't the dev who initially requested it.  I was looking to see if any other tmdb scrapers had key problems, but didn't see any so I will probably submit a PR to the official repo this week with the new key.

scott s.
Quote:Since the "ExtendedInfo Script" version 6.0.6 is not yet available in the Kodi repo, you can use this link.
Can't install this, returns an error "Failed to install addon from zip file due to an invalid structure.

Quote:I will probably submit a PR to the official repo this week with the new key.
Still showing 6.0.5 in official repo.
Quote:"ExtendedInfo Script" version="6.0.5" no longer works!!

The API key of TMDB has changed for this addon.

(Kodi 19/20/21)
Since the "ExtendedInfo Script" version 6.0.6 is not yet available in the Kodi repo, you can use this link.

That means all older versions with the tmdb api key "34142515d9d23817496eeb4ff1d223d0"
No longer work.
Unless you change the TMDB api key manually.

Quote:Can't install this, returns an error "Failed to install addon from zip file due to an invalid structure.

Managed to get it to work by copying the zip contents manually into /storage/.kodi/addons/script.extendedinfo/

Kind regards.
script.extendedinfo ver 6.0.7 was merged into official repo today 2024-01-21.  This should resolve all tmdb api key issues.  I changed the authentication method from passing the apikey in the query string to using the associated token in the http header.  The script unique data is now in a hidden script setting.  If you get an authentication fail please exit and try again as the setting needs to get pushed (by Kodi) to the userdata specific addon_data setting file.

I also tried to fix issues where the user tmdb session_id could be expired/refused by tmdb.  I think this mostly applies if you logon to tmdb to save lists from within the script.

There's some possible issues with what responses from the sites get cached.  Mostly not caching enough stuff.  I don't think it is a user impact unless you are really hammering the sites with queries.  I need to study more what needs to be cached per site.

I tried to make the script work a little better when user plays a youtube from the script video info dialog window.  Problem is if the youtube fails to play for some reason -- age gate or no streams found for example.  extendedinfo hides the dialog window while waiting for kodi to announce that the youtube has finished playing -- if the youtube never starts the script appears to hang.  Now I have a hard-code 20 sec timer to wait for the youtube video to start; if it times out the dialog is restored.  I think a full fix requires change to plugin.video.youtube.

Any other issues found please post here.  There will be a ver 6.0.8 on my github for any beta / changes in work.  When needed the next official ver will be 6.0.9.

scott s.
@scott967

Would i be allowed to backport the new API key to Krypton for users who use "ExtendedInfo Script" on Kodi DSPlayer?
No worries if not for any reason - just wanted to politely ask since i do some legacy support for Kodi DSPlayer users (keeping alive a very few useful addons like "Yahoo! Weather" on Krypton)
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
  • 150(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script.extendedinfo29