• 140(current)
Release script.extendedinfo
(2019-03-27, 13:25)JohnyBee Wrote: Hi,
ExtendedInfo reports a "no youtube id found" error when I try to run a video from the youtube browser (in the ExtendedInfo script youtube browser window).

KODI 18.1 Leia
Skin: Estuary (the same mistake on other skins)
ExtendedInfo ver. 5.6.0

Thank you for all the help.

I see that fro time to time.  I would need to study the youtube api to figure out what that really means.

scott s.

@JohnyBee @scott967

ExtendedInfo uses youtube-dl control addon to resolve youtube video information, the core of youtube-dl control addon in repo is too old, you need update it manually to resolve this issue
(2019-03-27, 21:50)scott967 Wrote:
ExtendedInfo reports a "no youtube id found" error when I try to run a video from the youtube browser (in the ExtendedInfo script youtube browser window).

KODI 18.1 Leia
ExtendedInfo ver. 5.6.0

I see that fro time to time.  I would need to study the youtube api to figure out what that really means.

scott s.

Hi,
I looked into the Extendedinfo code.
Extendedinfo calls script.module.kodi65.
script.module.kodi65. calls script.module.youtube.dl (YDStreamExtractor.getVideoInfo (youtube_id, quality = 1), but in the YDStreamExtractor the getVideoInfo function is defined: def getVideoInfo (url, quality = None, resolve_redirects = False):
I'm not sure if the variable "youtube_id" should be given in the getVideoInfo function as url?
The YDStreamExtractor.getVideoInfo function returns empty objects.
The Extendedinfo code has not changed for a long time.
script.module.youtube.dl has often changed.
Maybe the author script.module.youtube.dl would look at this?

I greet.
(2019-03-28, 08:45)xodi Wrote: @ "JohnyBee" @ "scott967" ExtendedInfo korzysta z dodatku kontrolnego youtube-dl do rozwiązywania informacji o wideo w YouTube, rdzeń dodatku kontrolnego youtube-dl w repo jest zbyt stary, musisz go zaktualizować ręcznie, aby rozwiązać ten problem,
Hi,
I have script.module.youtube.dl version = "18.1107.0".
Where can you download the new version?
script.module.youtube.d on github is at version = "18.619.0"

JB
(2019-03-28, 09:05)JohnyBee Wrote:
(2019-03-27, 21:50)scott967 Wrote:

KODI 18.1 Leia
ExtendedInfo ver. 5.6.0

scott s.

Hi,
I looked into the Extendedinfo code.
Extendedinfo calls script.module.kodi65.
script.module.kodi65. calls script.module.youtube.dl (YDStreamExtractor.getVideoInfo (youtube_id, quality = 1), but in the YDStreamExtractor the getVideoInfo function is defined: def getVideoInfo (url, quality = None, resolve_redirects = False):
I'm not sure if the variable "youtube_id" should be given in the getVideoInfo function as url?
The YDStreamExtractor.getVideoInfo function returns empty objects.
The Extendedinfo code has not changed for a long time.
script.module.youtube.dl has often changed.
Maybe the author script.module.youtube.dl would look at this?

I greet. 

script.module.youtube.dl hasn't been updated for some time, the core updated very frequently, around 2019/01, some big changes happened for youtube, a lot of video couldn't be resolved then. I have to update the core manually to fix this. The author of script.module.youtube.dl doesn't response for this for quite a time.
(2019-03-28, 09:11)JohnyBee Wrote:
(2019-03-28, 08:45)xodi Wrote: @ "JohnyBee" @ "scott967" ExtendedInfo korzysta z dodatku kontrolnego youtube-dl do rozwiązywania informacji o wideo w YouTube, rdzeń dodatku kontrolnego youtube-dl w repo jest zbyt stary, musisz go zaktualizować ręcznie, aby rozwiązać ten problem,
Hi,

JB 

Download the whole package from https://ytdl-org.github.io/youtube-dl/index.html and replace the youtube_dl folder
(2019-03-28, 09:13)xodi Wrote:
(2019-03-28, 09:11)JohnyBee Wrote:
Hi,

JB   

Download the whole package from https://ytdl-org.github.io/youtube-dl/index.html and replace the youtube_dl folder  
It works!
Thank you very much.
@xodi
Hmmmm video is only played in SD quality.
How to force kodi to play video in HD quality.
The settings in youtube-dl do not help.
Settings in the Extendedinfo browser do not help.
youtube-dl from the console can download the same video in HD and 4K quality.
JB
(2019-03-28, 10:38)JohnyBee Wrote: @xodi
JB
DASH is required for higher quality, I think a good work around should be playing video with YouTube addon, not letting ExtendedInfo play the resolved video file directly. I planned to modify the ExtendedInfo addon for this, but haven't started yet. Sad May be you can help on this.
(2019-03-28, 10:59)xodi Wrote:
JB
DASH is required for higher quality, I think a good work around should be playing video with YouTube addon, not letting ExtendedInfo play the resolved video file directly. I planned to modify the ExtendedInfo addon for this, but haven't started yet. Sad May be you can help on this.    
I modified Extendedinfo to display the video in maximum quality, but unfortunately this video is without sound.
The sound is saved in a separate file on youtube.
I do not know how to force youtube-dl (in kodi) to merge video file and a sound file.
Can you help?
(2019-03-28, 14:27)JohnyBee Wrote:
(2019-03-28, 10:59)xodi Wrote:
JB
I modified Extendedinfo to display the video in maximum quality, but unfortunately this video is without sound.
I do not know how to force youtube-dl (in kodi) to merge video file and a sound file.
Can you help?   
Changing the quality won't work, as the higher quality video using DASH. I did a quick modification to replace the playing function with YouTube addon. Your YouTube addon settings (video quality, for example) will affect the playing. It can play any quality video now.

Replace the play_youtube_video method in WindowManager.py file for script.extendedinfo addon with the following:
python:

def play_youtube_video(self, youtube_id="", listitem=None):
        """
        play youtube vid with info from *listitem
        """
        if self.active_dialog and self.active_dialog.window_type == "dialog":
            self.active_dialog.close()
        xbmc.executebuiltin("Dialog.Close(movieinformation)")
        xbmc.executebuiltin("RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=" + youtube_id + "&screensaver=true&incognito=true)")
            player.wait_for_video_end()
            self.active_dialog.doModal()
(2019-03-28, 21:26)xodi Wrote:
(2019-03-28, 14:27)JohnyBee Wrote:
(2019-03-28, 10:59)xodi Wrote: DASH is required for higher quality, I think a good work around should be playing video with YouTube addon, not letting ExtendedInfo play the resolved video file directly. I planned to modify the ExtendedInfo addon for this, but haven't started yet. Sad May be you can help on this.       
Can you help?          
Changing the quality won't work, as the higher quality video using DASH. I did a quick modification to replace the playing function with YouTube addon. Your YouTube addon settings (video quality, for example) will affect the playing. It can play any quality video now.

Replace the play_youtube_video method in WindowManager.py file for script.extendedinfo addon with the following:
python:

def play_youtube_video(self, youtube_id="", listitem=None):
        """
        play youtube vid with info from *listitem
        """
            self.active_dialog.close()
        xbmc.executebuiltin("Dialog.Close(movieinformation)")
        xbmc.executebuiltin("RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=" + youtube_id + "&screensaver=true&incognito=true)")
            player.wait_for_video_end()
            self.active_dialog.doModal()

Hmmm,
I tested again.
I've checked the YouTobe add-on before, but he also has problems with high quality video playback.
For me, YouTobe plays video (HD, 4K ...) only if it is one file (video + sound). If it is a DASH file (only video or audio),  YouTobe does not display these files on your list.
Example:
No. 1 - File (video + sound) - only one file played in the add-on Youtube or yutube-dl + entendeninfo.
No. 2 - 4K only one file video (without sound) played in yutube-dl + entendeninfo (my mod).
I do not know how to connect (in YouTobe or yutube-dl + entendeninfo) No. 2 and No. 3 (two files)  to be played at once (video + sound)

JB

EDIT

Problem solved.
I did not have inputstream adaptive installed.
After installing and configuring the inputstream adaptive, everything works OK.
Your code works perfectly.
Thank you again.
JB
(2019-03-28, 08:45)xodi Wrote: @JohnyBee @scott967

ExtendedInfo uses youtube-dl control addon to resolve youtube video information, the core of youtube-dl control addon in repo is too old, you need update it manually to resolve this issue

I actually did update the core a few days ago.  I have a separate problem in that for a month or so youtube-dl is only getting the video stream for me (either from the extendedinfo dialogs or using the control popup when playing a youtube vid from an extendedinfo dialog).  This might be a setup problem on my end.

scott s.
(2019-03-29, 22:13)scott967 Wrote:
(2019-03-28, 08:45)xodi Wrote: @JohnyBee @scott967

I actually did update the core a few days ago.  I have a separate problem in that for a month or so youtube-dl is only getting the video stream for me (either from the extendedinfo dialogs or using the control popup when playing a youtube vid from an extendedinfo dialog).  This might be a setup problem on my end.

scott s.
I do not know how to force youtube-dl (in kodi) to merge video file and a sound file (HD, 4K).
Use @xoid method (plugin.video.youtube + extendedinfo) # 2097.
For me, works perfectly. HD quality (video + sound)
JB
Running Kodi M nightly 20190424
When in the actor extended information screen, none of the presented youtube videos can be played. They all trigger an error "no youtube id can be found".
  • 140(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script.extendedinfo29