Here's a problem i bet cant be solved
ok, my new tv doesnt have a vga input for my older xbmc pc. i bought a usb to hdmi converter today and i keep running into ''cant create gui'' problem. i checked the forums, enabled directx, updated drivers and did all the fixes that were in those threads. then i realized, ''hey, this converter is using its own drivers.'' thats what im thinking now. can anyone, ANYONE help me with this problem? if it helps im using an auvio usb to hdmi converter. thanks in advance.

im betting that since xbmc cant draw from the drivers themselves, its throwing the error. please help me with a work around until i can buy a new graphics card.
Do you get anything on the TV at all or is it just XBMC that doesnt show up? As in can you see your OS or anything else other than XBMC?

Why don't you get a VGA to HDMI adapter? Or VGA > Whatever input you have in the TV. That would seem like the simplest solution to me.
Media Server - Unraid v6, Intel G550, 4GB, 6TB

HTPC - Windows 10, Kodi 15.0, E4400, 2GB
USB to hdmi is never a good choice. Go video to video as suggested above.
Untested, but try this:

Have a monitor attached to the VGA output.
Connect USB-HDMI adapter to TV.
Clone the display to the TV.
Start XBMC
(2013-03-28, 00:28)andrewch Wrote: Do you get anything on the TV at all or is it just XBMC that doesnt show up? As in can you see your OS or anything else other than XBMC?

Why don't you get a VGA to HDMI adapter? Or VGA > Whatever input you have in the TV. That would seem like the simplest solution to me.

I get everything normally on the TV. I can even watch video through VLC with audio and picture perfectly. I just can't watch xbmc. I will try cloning the monitor to TV and running XBMC that way

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Here's a problem i bet cant be solved0