• 16(current)
[RELEASE] Apple iTunes Trailers (Video Add-on)
Sorry for the delay in my reply, thought i'd leave it for a few days just to make sure.

All seems to be updating perfectly fine now since I added that file. God knows what I was doing wrong.

Cheers
When I select any of the roughly six new trailers, it returns "Network Error". Older ones work fine. Anyone else?
Towards the end of my log you can see a few trailers I tried to select.
Win10x64 Pro. Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.26GHz on Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L. 4GB DDR2 1066MHz RAM. Nvidia GT240 512MB PCIx16. Multiple displays, including Sony VPL-XW5000ES 4k projector + 100" Da-Lite Cinema screen.
(2016-06-23, 06:00)curtis-r Wrote: When I select any of the roughly six new trailers, it returns "Network Error". Older ones work fine. Anyone else?
Towards the end of my log you can see a few trailers I tried to select.

The problem is those movie trailer have a link to some items that don't have a trailer and the addon doesn't fail gracefully when that happens. Replace special://home/addons/plugin.video.itunes_trailer/resources/lib/scraper.py with this one and it should sort of fix it. This change skips any item in the movie page that fails to find a trailer. It's not a complete fix because it looks like there's also some changes being made on the itunes side as well where trailers aren't always where they once were so sometimes there will be no matches at all. I think I need to start rewriting this addon sooner than I planned.
So now there is no error, just an empty directory for some of those trailers (which I agree is an improvement). Thanks for your hard work, and I look forward to any further improvements when you find the time.
Win10x64 Pro. Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.26GHz on Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L. 4GB DDR2 1066MHz RAM. Nvidia GT240 512MB PCIx16. Multiple displays, including Sony VPL-XW5000ES 4k projector + 100" Da-Lite Cinema screen.
FYI, I've forked and rewritten this addon and it seems to work pretty well. It's in my beta repo which I won't link to since it contains addons that are banned from discussion here. If you care to install it though, you shouldn't have trouble googling for my beta repository. My version of the addon is called "Apple Trailers" and has a dfferent addon id to prevent conflicts w/ this addon. My version has a bit better Trakt integration as well works with more kinds of trailers.
I look forward to testing it later today. I easily found your repo as promised. I assume it's plugin.video.apple_trailers? Thanks.
Tested, and it works great & much improved!

Two observations: 1) When you repeated download trailers, it appears to do so in tandem, not a queue. Personally, I thought the queue was better. 2) Once a trailer is downloaded, it longer says (downloaded)
For both, I'm using different code to do the download, that's why it doesn't do queue. I'll think about if there's a way I can modify the code easily to allow queueing. I could probably make the (downloaded). I just noticed the old addon would also playback from the downloaded video rather than the stream. I'll check into that as well.
(2016-06-28, 06:25)tknorris Wrote: FYI, I've forked and rewritten this addon and it seems to work pretty well. It's in my beta repo which I won't link to since it contains addons that are banned from discussion here. If you care to install it though, you shouldn't have trouble googling for my beta repository. My version of the addon is called "Apple Trailers" and has a dfferent addon id to prevent conflicts w/ this addon. My version has a bit better Trakt integration as well works with more kinds of trailers.

Tested and working absolutely fine, greatly appreciated.
(2016-06-28, 06:25)tknorris Wrote: FYI, I've forked and rewritten this addon and it seems to work pretty well. It's in my beta repo which I won't link to since it contains addons that are banned from discussion here. If you care to install it though, you shouldn't have trouble googling for my beta repository. My version of the addon is called "Apple Trailers" and has a dfferent addon id to prevent conflicts w/ this addon. My version has a bit better Trakt integration as well works with more kinds of trailers.

You are free to submit an update to our repo using the same addon id as sphere doesn't seem active
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I tested your addon, but have some trouble with it.

1. I can't sort by Date (it still sorts by name)
2. Is it possible to add the release Date of the Trailer like Apple iTunes Trailers have/had it!?

I am using Kodi 15.2, Apple Trailers v 0.0.4
(2016-06-29, 18:53)sonic00 Wrote: I tested your addon, but have some trouble with it.

1. I can't sort by Date (it still sorts by name)
2. Is it possible to add the release Date of the Trailer like Apple iTunes Trailers have/had it!?

I am using Kodi 15.2, Apple Trailers v 0.0.4

Release Date is set when it's available. I can see it for most movies in the directory. I'm setting the mediatype to movie and I think the old Confluence movie views don't show release date for movies. The other addon didn't set the media type at all. On krypton you can see it:

I'll check on the sorting thing but I don't support anything older than Jarvis.

Edit: Sort problem found and fixed. I guess Kodi doesn't like dates in YYYY-MM-DD form..Who knew!
Thx for the quick fix Smile

Yeah I should maybe update to Krypton, but my system is running fine, so I had no reason to do it.
So we can delete "Apple iTunes Trailers" addon, is there an reason to keep it or we can have both with "Apple Trailers" addon?
You can use both but I don't see a need to use the old one as It's broken.

I've been using the new one and it's spot on.
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Apple iTunes Trailers (Video Add-on)2