• 2(current)
[RELEASE] Apple iTunes Trailers (Video Add-on)
(2013-03-29, 23:23)sphere Wrote: You are right, no plot available Sad
This has two reasons:
1. The source I use doesn't provide them
2. There is a bug in xbmc Frodo that cast is not possible to set from python so I decided to set the cast in the plot-field.

Hmmm..

In case you decide to change your mind and grab them from trailers.apple.com (if it would be technically possible, of course) or some other location I would suggest putting it in the plot field, adding a line break and then follow with Casting: ....

As a matter of fact, I would suggest even doing:

Quote:<plot>
In theaters: April 19th, 2013

Tom Cruise stars in Oblivion, an original and groundbreaking cinematic event from the director of TRON: Legacy and the producer of Rise of the Planet of the Apes. On a spectacular future Earth that has evolved beyond ...

Cast:Tom Cruise, Morgan Freeman, Olga Kurylenko, Andrea Riseborough, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau , Melissa Leo
</plot>

But that's just my personal preference as I mostly like to read synopsis before adding a movie to CP.

Thanks again for very nice add-on.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-03-29, 23:41)pecinko Wrote: In case you decide to change your mind and grab them from trailers.apple.com (if it would be technically possible, of course)

That's the point, the source (e.g. here) I use doesn't provide them. It was my intention to use a different source than the "The Trailers" add-on to have at least one working Apple Trailers add-on when apple decides to shut down any source.
Getting the plot from a second source would require another web-request and another (completly different) scraper. Not sure if this is what I want Smile

Personally I also like reading plots but atm I see no (good) possibility to do so. I will always have an eye on apple's (hidden) xml/json apis so maybe in a newer version Wink
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
(2013-03-29, 23:48)sphere Wrote: That's the point, the source (e.g. here) I use doesn't provide them. It was my intention to use a different source than the "The Trailers" add-on to have at least one working Apple Trailers add-on when apple decides to shut down any source.
Getting the plot from a second source would require another web-request and another (completly different) scraper. Not sure if this is what I want Smile

Personally I also like reading plots but atm I see no (good) possibility to do so. I will always have an eye on apple's (hidden) xml/json apis so maybe in a newer version Wink

OK, thanks for explanation.

I run into a problem trying to launch addon on my htpc (OS X 10.8.3, XBMC 12.1)

Here's a debug log http://pastie.org/7166565
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-03-29, 23:59)pecinko Wrote: OK, thanks for explanation.

I run into a problem trying to launch addon on my htpc (OS X 10.8.3, XBMC 12.1)

Here's a debug log http://pastie.org/7166565

You're welcome, if you have any other ideas how to improve, just tell me Smile

regarding your issue: Damn. In Python 2.6 there is no "json.load" but "json.loads", I created a fixed version. Could you test and report back if this fixes your issue?
You can download this version here

thanks,
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
(2013-03-29, 23:23)sphere Wrote: No, the download feature is meant only for background downloading (without playback on finish). Also when you play a trailer there is no download done. Maybe in the next version there will be a section in the context menu like "show already downloaded trailers".

I mis-typed in my post. I meant to say when I watch a trailer it doesn't download, but as you explained, that's by design. As for you having a trailer not play after download, I totally prefer it that way. So, thanks!

If you're looking for minor suggestions, I'd say after selecting a trailer to play or download, have the window jump back to the window of all the trailers. Another minor suggestion would be a setting to always download a trailer, even if watching it stream. Thanks.
Win10x64 Pro. Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.26GHz on Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L. 4GB DDR2 1066MHz RAM. Nvidia GT240 512MB PCIx16. Multiple displays, including Sony VPL-XW5000ES 4k projector + 100" Da-Lite Cinema screen.
(2013-03-30, 00:30)curtis-r Wrote: ...
It's too bad you can't queue trailers to download, but maybe that's an xbmc limitation.
If you're looking for minor suggestions, I'd say after selecting a trailer to play or download, have the window jump back to the window of all the trailers.
You can queue, just choose another one and hit "Download Trailer". And that's the reason why there is no jump back to the list Wink
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
Man, you are quick in replies. I realized it already queues, a minute after I posted. Thinking no one would have read it yet, I edited-out that line but you were already on top of it Wink
What a great function.
Win10x64 Pro. Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.26GHz on Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L. 4GB DDR2 1066MHz RAM. Nvidia GT240 512MB PCIx16. Multiple displays, including Sony VPL-XW5000ES 4k projector + 100" Da-Lite Cinema screen.
(2013-03-29, 19:33)SevenNine Wrote: add to CP is a great feature. very cool you broke that out into another add-on for others.

what would you think about an add to trakt watchlist feature? CP doesn't sync to trakt; but can pull from trakt.

FYI: I started working on a "Trakt.tv List Manager" as separate add-on with similar features to the CouchPotato Manager.
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
Any idea if I could keymap a key to download the currently selected trailer? Maybe the <key>SendClick(#)</key> command?
(2013-03-30, 00:20)sphere Wrote: You're welcome, if you have any other ideas how to improve, just tell me Smile

regarding your issue: Damn. In Python 2.6 there is no "json.load" but "json.loads", I created a fixed version. Could you test and report back if this fixes your issue?
You can download this version here

Still no luck Sad

Weird thing is version .1 works on my iMac, but I have a problem running either .1 or .2 on my Mac mini htpc Sad

Here's a new log for ver .2

http://pastie.org/7186130

Thanks!
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Thanks for this. Since I sold atv I no longer had access to the trailers.
(2013-03-30, 14:55)sphere Wrote:
(2013-03-29, 19:33)SevenNine Wrote: add to CP is a great feature. very cool you broke that out into another add-on for others.

what would you think about an add to trakt watchlist feature? CP doesn't sync to trakt; but can pull from trakt.

FYI: I started working on a "Trakt.tv List Manager" as separate add-on with similar features to the CouchPotato Manager.

Thank you! Saw that on github. Looking forward to it.
Version 0.0.2 is in the official xbmc.org repository now.

Unfortunately there was a wrong add-on id in the .zip you downloaded so the one you installed manually and the one in the repo are different add-ons for XBMC. At the moment the versions are equal but I suggest uninstalling the add-on and re-installing it from the repository.

regards,
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
Cheers.
Unfortunately it isn't showing the movie posters for me. Just a placeholder.
I have the same issue with the IMDB Trailers addon:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=95603

The original The Trailers addon is showing it:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=119587

I'm using the popular reFocus BIG skin:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=132897
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Apple iTunes Trailers (Video Add-on)2