Proxy in XBMC
I have xbmc installed on windows 8 computer. I don't want to change the proxy for the whole computer by entering it in the windows... Is there anyway enter proxy servers/dns entry in xbmc?
If you go to System > Settings > Internet Access there's an option to use an http proxy server. I would assume that would only effect XBMC. I hope that's one very good private proxy for reliable streaming. Smile
Is this what you're looking for? System/Settings > System > Internet access

Stacman beat me to it! Smile
yes, in settings.

System|System|Internet Access
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I know how to change proxy in windows but I am looking for a method to set proxy only for XBMC. System/Settings > System > Internet access This will change proxy for whole computer; I dont want to change proxy for computer but only for XBMC.. I couldnt find it in XBMC settings.
Did you try changing it in the internet access menu, and did it add the proxy server system wide? I haven't tried it myself, but I wouldn't think the settings in XBMC would add the proxy server to each browser you use. I think they're all independent of each other. But I'm going to play with mine to find out.

*Nope*

Setting the proxy in XBMC had no effect anywhere else. At least not for me in Windows 7 Ultimate.
Yes found it and thanks its working now. I was looking for this setting somewhere else... Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Proxy in XBMC0