New install, best strategy
Hi!

I've been reviewing the content of my media server and God almighty do I have a lot of crap in there Big Grin
Since this will be a long weekend (Easter for us Catholic French-Canadian), I'm thinking of flushing my old low quality rips (audio and video) and ripping them again in lossless quality.

Space isn't really a factor since I have 24Tb of storage available.

I'm thinking straight MKV for DVD and BR. I have 3 computers at my disposition to do the ripping. One with 2 BR burner, a laptop with internal DVD-RW drive and an external DVD-RW, and an iMac with an internal DVD-RW and I may have an external DVD drive for it as well. All are interconnected on a gigabit ethernet network. I'm planning to use MakeMKV unless someone has a better suggestion?

But my biggest question is about my music files. I will rip again what I have in mp3 into Flac, but I also have a lot of m4a (alac) files from when I was using my iMac to rip and manage my music. What I'm looking for is a good, and possibly free, tag editor that can work with both flac and alac track. Possibly one that can do batch edition, since making sure the tag are ok one at a time in a 100gig music collection is no fun. Any suggestion?

Finaly I know skins are a matter of personnal preference, but my experience tells me that some are more optimized for video than for audio. Any recommendation on what would be the best skin for a mixed collection?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New install, best strategy0