The subject is too long. Please enter a subject shorter than 85 characters (curr
I am getting this error when trying to post a reply, not a long post(not more than anyone else's). I tried deleting the subject in the post but I stilll get the error and the subject text is restored. ??
did you try shortening the subject?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
The subject limit is unfortunately hardcoded in myBB, and if you delete the subject line in your post, myBB will inject the threads subject automatically and that one will be validated then. So the only way to fix it is to rename the opening post (or mess with the myBB code which we try to avoid) or use a shorter custom title in your post (wile doing a full reply). This should only happen on threads created with the old forum.

Which thread was it so that I can fix the thread subject?
(2013-03-29, 15:22)da-anda Wrote: Which thread was it so that I can fix the thread subject?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=122448
fixed the thread
(2013-03-29, 15:22)da-anda Wrote: The subject limit is unfortunately hardcoded in myBB, and if you delete the subject line in your post, myBB will inject the threads subject automatically and that one will be validated then. So the only way to fix it is to rename the opening post (or mess with the myBB code which we try to avoid) or use a shorter custom title in your post (wile doing a full reply). This should only happen on threads created with the old forum.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42458
I will try a 'full reply', and see if that works.
EDIT: Tried POST REPLY, instead of QUICK REPLY, didn't work. I then tried quoting someone, then deleting their quote and that somehow worked.
(2013-03-29, 16:04)spyder Wrote:
(2013-03-29, 15:22)da-anda Wrote: The subject limit is unfortunately hardcoded in myBB, and if you delete the subject line in your post, myBB will inject the threads subject automatically and that one will be validated then. So the only way to fix it is to rename the opening post (or mess with the myBB code which we try to avoid) or use a shorter custom title in your post (wile doing a full reply). This should only happen on threads created with the old forum.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42458
I will try a 'full reply', and see if that works.
EDIT: Tried POST REPLY, instead of QUICK REPLY, didn't work. I then tried quoting someone, then deleting their quote and that somehow worked.

It indeed had a long subject but when editing the OP it showed only a short title. Tried twice. Then i saved the post again and then it worked.
@da-anda: maybe worth a run through the db to pick out threads with too-long subject and cut 'em off?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Will have a look.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The subject is too long. Please enter a subject shorter than 85 characters (curr0