• 1(current)
Win HTML Creator for Kodi
Video 
Development Stalled
Unfortunately I simply can't continue this on myself.
I just barely find the time and will to do so.

myXBMC

I've created a simple little Program that turns your TV Shows & Movie XBMC Library into a clean HTML Page, so that you can share your videos with others.
It supports TV Shows and Movies, including Anime and does NOT require any additional Software beside a Browser to view the result and XBMC as data source.
Supported Operating systems stay Windows Vista to 8.1, since that's my primary Platform. Due to the fact its written in C# a Linux compatibility will not be a option I have in mind.

As I'm just a single person holding this whole project, I logically can't fulfill every single wish and request. So keep that in mind.

Thanks a lot to everyone who donated me, you helped my Project and me personally very much!

Current Version: 7.0.0 [Latest, rather Stable version]

If you get an error containing "Could not load file or assembly, then you do not have .NET 4.0 Installed, scroll down and you'll find the link.

Download: [not available anymore]

Windows 8 may block installer with smart app filter.
.NET4 Framework required, included in Windows 8, Download: here
Note: If you don't like it, don't use it

Live Demo: [not available anymore]

Basic how to:
1) Open program and scrape your library (If you do not have access to the XBMC PC/Device, you can also just copy the .db file onto the pc running my program)
2) Scan for Media Quality (Optional, but just looks better on end)
3) Make your changes (Deselect sources or videos, change titles, order and so on)
[4)] Scan Media Info
5) Press Generate HTML
6) Press open generated folder
7) Copy the generated files into any web view able folder (You can also view the generated html file locally)

Please report any bug you encounter here, it should popup a debug window with the error details which you can copy here and feedback is very appreciated.

Version 6 Screenshots: (Click for full size)

Reserved for Change log or anything else.

Keeping up a change log is harder than people might think.
Interesting... I'll check it out, Nice work Smile
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Cool Smile, if you don't mind you could upload your generation here, so I can put it online as a second live demo.
Looks like I don't get it to work with the library from either my dedicated XBMC or the one on my PC. I will PM you the files (they're both @200MB and rather big (12k movies, 1400 v shows). I left one running the entire night and the other is clocking at a couple hours now aswell.
Thanks schpit, I only created the script based upon tests with my library, which only contains now arround 300shows and a couple movies, 12k movies is definitely a good test .. ill find the bug and fix it Smile.. it shouldn't stuck on that though.. there must be a easy problem.... i'll pm you when I finished the fix.
Oh and the generator should NEVER take more than 5minutes even on slow computers, generating my files took not even 30seconds. Even on 12000 movies it should NOT take longer than 10minutes.
Version 4.0 Released
Download: XBMCHtmlGenerator_4_0.rar
Tutorial: http://moreit.eu/2013/03/xbmc-media-libr...generator/

Change log:
Added Manual Database selection for people with more than one XBMC database at different end points.
Added time stamp to log.
Added play count & last played date
Added ability to define own trailer search arguments (like "pv" for Anime and "trailer" for the others)
Added date generated display.
Added place holder if Poster does not exist. Stating: "No Poster", requires JavaScript on user-end.
Added multi-core support for faster generation when having more than 1000 movies & tv shows.
Fixed bug reported by "schpit" which caused data fetching to fail due to different thumbnail format in SQL table.
Fixed file name bugs.
Fixed custom title escaping.
Made generation logs show more detailed information.
Made Interface much more user friendly.
thanks for the quick fix - worked now. it did however not download posters for the tv shows, only the movies (and these are rather pixelated).

what would be great: the trailer feature is neat, maybe work it in for movies and shows at the same time, imdb link, original + translated title, maybe a small index on top with sort options like A,B,C, Year etc.
(2013-04-01, 01:55)schpit Wrote: it did however not download posters for the tv shows, only the movies
Yes for some reason that does not work right now (I couldnt identify the problem so fast, as i wanted to release a fixed version first)
(2013-04-01, 01:55)schpit Wrote: (and these are rather pixelated).
I don't know why that is so, I think there are multiple resolutions available in the database, but I always just take the first available, Wait for next version tomorrow.
(2013-04-01, 01:55)schpit Wrote: what would be great: the trailer feature is neat, maybe work it in for movies and shows at the same time
Yes, already done, comes in next version Smile
(2013-04-01, 01:55)schpit Wrote: imdb link, original + translated title
Already done as well, comes next version
(2013-04-01, 01:55)schpit Wrote: maybe a small index on top with sort options like A,B,C, Year etc.
That seems to be very hard to add with this layout, it would either require ALOT of javascript or is just impossible, i have to think about that.

Also, next version will include subpages, because your big library makes the html file just too big to be viewable, see my Live Demo, for a preview of the new feature.

PS: Why do you have so much movies Big Grin?.. Can you even watch that much?. I'm already overwhelmed with my 5000 anime episodes.
DeadSix
So far I'm loving this... and I'm more than willing to give you a copy for a second live demo if you want. I'm going to manually remove a couple things from it before I'd let it be a demo though (glad you're adding the ability to hide select items in the next version).

A few suggestions
  • Some way to split Anime from normal TV Shows (I have about 30-40 Anime shows, the rest is 'normal' TV)
  • Ability to hide/remove some of the tags (ex: I don't want "Last Played: DATE" on each item)
  • I know you can customize the page names, but you may want to change the reference for other users from "HTML Filename 1" / "HTML Filename 2" to "Movies File" / "TV File" or something like that.
  • You mention above that it takes the first available image, however when I opened the movies page there were images for a few wrong movies and other images I've never seen before.*

First off, background for my setup
Windows 8 (x64) Laptop with Frodo 12.1 (ran on this one)
Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) HTPC with Frodo 12.1 (connected to this)
900+ Movies, 300+ Shows (13,500+ Episodes) stored local on HTPC

A few 'odd' things (all info below BEFORE I did any manual editing to any of the files)
I'm pretty sure at least part of this is because I ran it from a different system (grabbed the database from a SymLinked directory on a Network share) but:
TV Shows
"page1" (TV) showed the correct number of shows and I'm assuming correct number of episodes... only 6 images showed up (I read above about TV images, so not worried)
Nothing else I noticed off hand
Movies
"page2" (Movies) It claims at the top only 292 movies (of 908) but they all appear if you scroll far enough down.
At least a dozen (probably way more) of the posters were in the wrong language... (however I do have a handful of foreign movies, but most of them appear correctly)
A bunch of movies had an identical poster to each other (one I'd never seen before for "Le Guetteur" which I don't have) seems like it wants to be the "File Not Found" equivalent, but I did see at least one "No Poster" in the movie section, so not sure why the other would be there.
I'm guessing the number kind of watermarked to each spot is pulled from the database as well? I originally thought it was auto generated to keep track until I noticed it skipped from #848 to #1422 and than started having large gaps in numbers, near the end the numbers just started to bounce around (final movie listed as #3060)

Lastly (for now) I did have the trailers box checked and changed 'pv' to 'trailer' and the log said it downloaded most of them but there's no play button anywhere and hovering over the posters doesn't change that either.

Since I assume the network share caused at least some of this and it's 3:30 in the morning, I'm going to tell it to run on the HTPC while I get some sleep, I'll compare the two tomorrow sometime. Keep up the good work...
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
First:
A few suggestions
Some way to split Anime from normal TV Shows (I have about 30-40 Anime shows, the rest is 'normal' TV)
  • I thought about that and that's definitely something I want to add. Yet I did not find any possible way to do that beside using a filter e.g "Filter by Path" (Just like playlists in XBMC) so for example my anime path is: E:\ (as whole E: drive is for anime Smile ) , so it would only generate a page of items having E:\ in path (or at begin or at end..etc)

Ability to hide/remove some of the tags (ex: I don't want "Last Played: DATE" on each item)
  • sounds good. I will add that.

I know you can customize the page names, but you may want to change the reference for other users from "HTML Filename 1" / "HTML Filename 2" to "Movies File" / "TV File" or something like that.
  • I will do that anyway because next version will have multiple pages for Movie/TV Show list, so that old reference name would be confusing.

"page2" (Movies) It claims at the top only 292 movies (of 908) but they all appear if you scroll far enough down.
  • Yes.. I'm sorry for that, I accidently made it show TV Show count there instead of movie count.

Lastly (for now) I did have the trailers box checked and changed 'pv' to 'trailer' and the log said it downloaded most of them but there's no play button anywhere and hovering over the posters doesn't change that either.
  • In current version trailers only show up on tv-shows not movies

I'm guessing the number kind of watermarked to each spot is pulled from the database as well? I originally thought it was auto generated to keep track until I noticed it skipped from #848 to #1422 and than started having large gaps in numbers, near the end the numbers just started to bounce around (final movie listed as #3060)
  • Indeed its taken of database, which I changed in the next version, I just did not notice that before.

At least a dozen (probably way more) of the posters were in the wrong language... (however I do have a handful of foreign movies, but most of them appear correctly)
A bunch of movies had an identical poster to each other (one I'd never seen before for "Le Guetteur" which I don't have) seems like it wants to be the "File Not Found" equivalent, but I did see at least one "No Poster" in the movie section, so not sure why the other would be there.
  • I successfully fixed that, it takes now the right posters in the right resolution Smile looks way better.

Anyway, what's coming next is hopefully solving most your problems:
- The whole trailer downloader has been rewritten and should work way better now.
- Reworked whole generation process of html page it also uses uses incremental ID Numbers now, and not the XBMC ones. (Which fixes your skipping number problem)
- (Maybe-> Option to change Specific Names of TVShows/Movies)
- Option to exclude specific shows/movies
- Reworked Poster Engine (I'm not yet sure why it bugs, ill have to look deeper into database format of posters)
- Trailers for movies.
- New UI element: TV/Movie list editor (Select/Deselect the items you want to have in the html, edit trailers, show trailer, (Maybe edit name))
- (Maybe: Option to select sort-methode upon generation )
- Social Media buttons and custom links.
- Ability to add custom html code (Analytics code, etc.)
- External config and Command line, for automated generation.scripts (Probably in 6.0 or even later)
- Ability to add PHP Scripts.
- Paged List, (Paginator) for smaller page loading of big librarys (See live demo for preview)

PS: Could you upload your database, that would help me finding a solution for the poster problem (It will not be used as live-demo, only for debugging)
(2013-04-02, 13:12)DeadSix27 Wrote: First:
A few suggestions
Some way to split Anime from normal TV Shows (I have about 30-40 Anime shows, the rest is 'normal' TV)
  • I thought about that and that's definitely something I want to add. Yet I did not find any possible way to do that beside using a filter e.g "Filter by Path" (Just like playlists in XBMC) so for example my anime path is: E:\ (as whole E: drive is for anime Smile ) , so it would only generate a page of items having E:\ in path (or at begin or at end..etc)
That's pretty much what I meant and I think that's probably the best way to do it... I know the way my setup is doesn't exactly follow 'normal conventions'...
On my HTPC:
  • Drive H:\ is Anime
  • Drive M:\ is Movies
  • Drive N:\ is Music
  • Drive T:\ is 'active' TV Shows
  • Drive U:\ is 'Ended' TV Shows
Each of the above are different physical drives, however I've created "Junction Points" so that XBMC itself (and other computers on the network) would see the following instead directories instead of sharing all the drive letters:
  • C:\HTPC-Apps\.files\.sources\Anime
  • C:\HTPC-Apps\.files\.sources\Movies
  • C:\HTPC-Apps\.files\.sources\Music
  • etc.

DeadSix27 Wrote:Ability to hide/remove some of the tags (ex: I don't want "Last Played: DATE" on each item)
  • sounds good. I will add that.
Sweet... I'm sure there's more than just the Last Played, but at least on first glance that'd be the one I'm most interested in removing

DeadSix27 Wrote:"page2" (Movies) It claims at the top only 292 movies (of 908) but they all appear if you scroll far enough down.
  • Yes.. I'm sorry for that, I accidently made it show TV Show count there instead of movie count.
Good to know, I thought maybe I borked something cause I was impatient and test viewed the movies page while it was still writing it Smile

DeadSix27 Wrote:Lastly (for now) I did have the trailers box checked and changed 'pv' to 'trailer' and the log said it downloaded most of them but there's no play button anywhere and hovering over the posters doesn't change that either.
  • In current version trailers only show up on tv-shows not movies
If I remember correctly, I checked both TV and Movies and didn't notice it on any of them, but I'll test again (I still haven't run it from the HTPC yet)

DeadSix27 Wrote:I'm guessing the number kind of watermarked to each spot is pulled from the database as well? I originally thought it was auto generated to keep track until I noticed it skipped from #848 to #1422 and than started having large gaps in numbers, near the end the numbers just started to bounce around (final movie listed as #3060)
  • Indeed its taken of database, which I changed in the next version, I just did not notice that before.
Probably didn't notice cause my library is a bit messed up anyway... there's a few movies in there that I've added/removed from the library like a dozen different times while tweaking NFO files instead of just force refreshing them... stuff like that. My plan is I'm going to dump the entire XBMC install, databases, backups, etc. and start from scratch probably this weekend.

DeadSix27 Wrote:At least a dozen (probably way more) of the posters were in the wrong language... (however I do have a handful of foreign movies, but most of them appear correctly)
  • I successfully fixed that, it takes now the right posters in the right resolution Smile looks way better.
Great to hear that.

DeadSix27 Wrote:Anyway, what's coming next is hopefully solving most your problems:
- The whole trailer downloader has been rewritten and should work way better now.
- Reworked whole generation process of html page it also uses uses incremental ID Numbers now, and not the XBMC ones. (Which fixes your skipping number problem)
- (Maybe-> Option to change Specific Names of TVShows/Movies)
- Option to exclude specific shows/movies
- Reworked Poster Engine (I'm not yet sure why it bugs, ill have to look deeper into database format of posters)
- Trailers for movies.
- New UI element: TV/Movie list editor (Select/Deselect the items you want to have in the html, edit trailers, show trailer, (Maybe edit name))
- (Maybe: Option to select sort-methode upon generation )
- Social Media buttons and custom links.
- Ability to add custom html code (Analytics code, etc.)
- External config and Command line, for automated generation.scripts (Probably in 6.0 or even later)
- Ability to add PHP Scripts.
- Paged List, (Paginator) for smaller page loading of big librarys (See live demo for preview)

PS: Could you upload your database, that would help me finding a solution for the poster problem (It will not be used as live-demo, only for debugging)
I'll PM you a link... Again, I'd appreciate these not being used for live demo purposes, but I'll give you access to unedited copies of this run from each machine (against the same XBMC database) to see if there's a difference when pulled from a secondary system. All the info you should need will be at that link. (I should be sending in within the next hour)
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
Version 5.0 is almost finished, I'm just cleaning it up, and try to fix a bug in the new "Choose what Video Items should show up" thingy. (E.g the disable specific movie/shows)
It also has a new Trailer Database editor with built-In player, but no built in search, you have to manually go to youtube.com and find the right video and copy ID, I guess that's faster anyway.
I also added a little preview of the last downloaded poster when downloading them.
And as little funny extra, I added the possibility to put a watermark on your posters.
the new poster loader engine also resizes the Images, as before it downloaded the 500px wide images and kept them that big, which resulted in a big image folder. Now it resizes them to the right size of template.
I don't know if I will release 5.0 Today, I'm tired. If not, it will be out tomorrow definitely. Any other wishes/suggestions?
Take your time with it... It works pretty well already, no need to rush things just for quick releases. Smile Anyway, I know this is mainly for showing off your current library to others, but it'd be pretty cool if there was a way to use it for monitoring the images and associated files... for example, say it detects you have a show at T:\TV Shows\2 Broke Girls\ it would check for things like folder.jpg, fanart.jpg, banner.jpg, theme.mp3, etc. for that show and either give you a simple "Y/N" for each or show you a tiny thumbnail for them... I can give you a link to version of each that I've written (PHP) that does what I'm talking about. The only reason I never released mine is because in it's current form you need to modify some things in either IIS or Apache to get around a few things which I feel would be a little over the heads of some users but if you could use it for ideas or possibly have it even pull in and cache the images to get around it.

Here's an example of what both versions look like: (yes, I kind of zoomed the second to show the thumbs better, it doesn't look bad normally)
EDIT == Oops, deleted this image on my server... sorry about that

The other downside to the way I'm currently doing the above is that there is no real caching to it so pending on library size it will take a while to load the version that displays the images and takes up a massive amount of RAM. It appears I forgot to add my other source to those as well... oops.
(2013-04-02, 20:35)Archigos Wrote: Take your time with it... It works pretty well already, no need to rush things just for quick releases. Smile Anyway, I know this is mainly for showing off your current library to others, but it'd be pretty cool if there was a way to use it for monitoring the images and associated files... for example, say it detects you have a show at T:\TV Shows\2 Broke Girls\ it would check for things like folder.jpg, fanart.jpg, banner.jpg, theme.mp3, etc. for that show and either give you a simple "Y/N" for each or show you a tiny thumbnail for them... I can give you a link to version of each that I've written (PHP) that does what I'm talking about. The only reason I never released mine is because in it's current form you need to modify some things in either IIS or Apache to get around a few things which I feel would be a little over the heads of some users but if you could use it for ideas or possibly have it even pull in and cache the images to get around it.

Here's an example of what both versions look like: (yes, I kind of zoomed the second to show the thumbs better, it doesn't look bad normally)

The other downside to the way I'm currently doing the above is that there is no real caching to it so pending on library size it will take a while to load the version that displays the images and takes up a massive amount of RAM. It appears I forgot to add my other source to those as well... oops.
Nice idea, what about a second generation engine? "Generate Stats HTML" (example filename: stats-movie/stats-tvshow.html), with something like in your image. Showing basicly just the Database in a user-friendly way... well just like your image. And then add a third link to top of normal html files -> TV Shows | Movies | Stats
Oh and I think my code has a pretty good ram usage .but I have to admit, since I have 16GB of ram, I never pay much attention to it.

PS:5.0 is ALMOST done, the only problems left is a memory reference problem and paginator code is wrong... looks totally messed up in the generated HTML.. ill fix that tomorrow. (I'm from europe, so our time zones pretty much differ like hell.. so 5.0 would prob come out ~3pm your time.. while its ~8pm for me.)

Hope the new UI is going to be liked:
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HTML Creator for Kodi7