URGENT help please!
I am adding another ATV2 to my home media network and I'm curious what I all need to do to get it to work flawless with the new frodo shared library set up

What I currently have is

Synology NAS - houses all my media and the SQL DB
HTPC in the living room that does all the scraping ( update library on start up is turned on )
ATV2 in my master bedroom ( update library on start up is turned off )
ATV2 in the basement ( update library on start up is turned off )

Now I'm adding another ATV2 in my spare bedroom for some guest that will be staying at our house for the next 2 weeks ( they will be here in 3 hours ) so I'm trying to get this done before they get here.

I just installed XBMC on the atv2, I fired it up once. Now I'll move over my Advancesettings.xml for the DB and my sources.xml.

Now heres my question, but I fire XBMC back up, should I move over my thumbnails folder and textures.db file from my main HTPC? Or should I only move advancedsettings and sources xml?

Thank you in advance I greatly appreciate it!
I am adding another ATV2 to my home media network and I'm curious what I all need to do to get it to work flawless with the new frodo shared library set up

What I currently have is

Synology NAS - houses all my media and the SQL DB
HTPC in the living room that does all the scraping ( update library on start up is turned on )
ATV2 in my master bedroom ( update library on start up is turned off )
ATV2 in the basement ( update library on start up is turned off )

Now I'm adding another ATV2 in my spare bedroom for some guest that will be staying at our house for the next 2 weeks ( they will be here in 3 hours ) so I'm trying to get this done before they get here.

I just installed XBMC on the atv2, I fired it up once. Now I'll move over my Advancesettings.xml for the DB and my sources.xml.

Now heres my question, but I fire XBMC back up, should I move over my thumbnails folder and textures.db file from my main HTPC? Or should I only move advancedsettings and sources xml?

Thank you in advance I greatly appreciate it!
only the advancesettings and sources.xml...let the texture rebuild itself

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
thanks Saitoh
I add my advancesettings.xml and sources.xml and I get "operation is not permitted" when setting up my sources content.

All my other devices connect and use those this SMB share fine.

What could be the issue?
If your network sources use passwords, you might need to also copy the passwords.xml file (it won't exist if you don't have any passwords set for network sources).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
URGENT help please!00
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.