What is best method of achieving this? (XBMC + NAS + Mysql + syncing + PVR)
I'm currently running an external HD from the routers USB port and is doing a great job. But now, I want to get more advanced especially since I have a spare laptop laying around. Heres a basic rundown of what I'm looking for:

Spare laptop would be tucked away in a closet and the below would be its sole pupose
  • Shared HD over multiple XBMC interfaces
  • Ability to backup personal PC info to Nas/ external HD
  • Be able to sync XBMC so its the same interface on all sources (not having to adjust settings per device)
  • Use MySql to run XBMC syncing and PVR (HD Homerun Prime)
  • Bonus - download video files

What form of NAS or other tool would be best for what I'm asking. My spare pc currently has Win7, but I'm ready to wipe it with something that better fits my needs. I'm all ears!
i cannot comment on the pvr aspect as i do not use one to watch live tv but how i have my setup configure is as follows

my home server running Windows Home Server

I have mysql installed and have created and distributed the advancedsettings.xml file to all my machines as well as sources.xml

i then started one it would then connect to the mysql install on the server and create a new dataabase called myvideos75

then i go to video - files then scan in each source drive (windows shares have been setup on them beforehand so i can access them over smb or windows network)

as i scan then in i turn on one of the other machines that has those two xml files and you see those files being replicated over to that machine bit by bit

for download video files for my tv shows i run a program called NZBDrone which is similar to sickbeard it uses USENET to scan for shows i specify and sends them to my usenet downloader sabnzbd then once download nzbdrone grabs them sorts them renames and moves them into show folders which xbmc can then detect and scan into which in turn get added to the mysql database and synced over to the other machines on the network

pretty much when setup it is mostly all automated

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What is best method of achieving this? (XBMC + NAS + Mysql + syncing + PVR)0