Viewing artwork causes Pi to crash - SOLVED
(2013-04-01, 17:19)popcornmix Wrote: Obviously not ideal for a speedy UI (although xbmc should use t a smaller cached version after the first decode).

Sorry to keep banging on about this, but it's this final sentence that has me confused, as I don't understand why the converted image should continue to provoke the "Bitstream corrupt" image from the Pi decoder.

I entirely understand that, upon first decode, the input image may contain all sorts of garbage that the decoder has to workaround or skip entirely, in which case the "Bitstream corrupt" error message is entirely appropriate, but shouldn't the Pi decoder/encoder then be outputting what is - as far as the Pi decoder is concerned - an entirely valid and non-corrupt (but much smaller) jpg image?

It's just that, with 29 March firmware, while I see (and understand) the "Bitstream corrupt" message on first decode (ie. when the input is the 300K "Arrow" banner with Adobe garbage), I don't understand why the "Bitstream corrupt" message should continue to be output during subsequent decodes when the image being decoded is now the version created by the Pi (in this case, a much smaller 37K banner and apparently devoid of Adobe - and I would have thought, any other - garbage).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Viewing artwork causes Pi to crash - SOLVED - by Milhouse - 2013-04-01, 21:51
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Viewing artwork causes Pi to crash - SOLVED0