Assign HOME key
I have an Asus eb1503 with openelec and this remote that works out of the box
benchmarkreviews.com/images/reviews/acce..._ehd3-100_remote.jpg

I've also configured one wii remote via bt with the Openelec addon.
The wii remote have a central button called "HOME" that is great: when I'm listening a music album in fullscreen mode it allows me to access to the home screen and for example enque another album or video.
The Asus remote doesn't have this feature and I'm not able to return at the home screen in no way.

- How can I remap my IR remote and assign the HOME key for example to the red button?

- Also, both remotes are very low to increase/decrease volume, that's a way to fix it?
Thaks all!!
remote.xml - see keymapping in wiki.
well, it's little complicated for me...
I try to follow this http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Keymap but I don't understand too much.

My issue is that the big windows green button behaviour chages as weel as where I am:
- in a menu (movies) it makes "back to the previuos menu"
- if i'm watching a movie in fullscreen it makes the same of "info" button....

from terminal i do the "irw" command and I found this when I press button
94 0 KEY_PROG1 devinput
94 0 KEY_PROG1_UP devinput

Cam you please help my with step by step procedure?
thanks
okay, keymapping a remote happens in two steps.

first you have Lircmap.xml - this maps *your* remote to the reference remote.
remote.xml then keymaps the reference remote.

in Lircmap.xml we find <start>KEY_PROG1</start>. thus the KEY_PROG1 on your remote is mapped to the start button on the reference remote.
in remote.xml we then see that start is mapped to 'previousmenu' in the global context, but overridden for FullscreenVideo as well as the OSD and dialogs. this explains the behavior you see. so you want to redo the start mappings in remote.xml
ok, thank you for your patience....

I found this files

Lircmap.xml is in:
/usr/share/xbmc/system/

remote.xml is in:
/usr/share/xbmc/system/keymaps/

I have duplicated remote.xml and moved to /storage/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/
After that i modified
from <start>OSD</start> to <start>KEY_PROG1</start> (under <FullscreenVideo></FullscreenVideo> tags)

Well now if I'm under video>files>any series> and push the green win button I go to the main menu (very good) but if I have a full screen video nothing changed... I don't understand...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Assign HOME key0