In Progress TV Shows
I asked this in the skin specific section but realized its probably a problem not related to a single skin. My In Progress TV shows is not updating as new content is availible, I am running refocus big and also using a reccomended widget which updates each time I visit the home page. How do I get In Progress tv to update so it has the latest stuff and doesnt keep showing me shows that when I drill into are already watched.
I've been trying to find a setting anywhere for this, I've noticed that rebooting the box causes it to rescan for the data to populate the view but other than that it seems to never change.
It should update whenever you run a library update for stop playing a video.

You might get more help posting here - Skin Widgets
I keep getting bounced around from thread to thread because I guess its a bit confusing to which menu I am referring to.

The In Progress TV shows I am talking about is "Videos > In Progress TV Shows" but a lot of skins have it located under the tv shows section like aeon nox and refocus big. My skin widgets are working fine on the main screen, but the menu In Progress TV menu never updates except on system reboots.
(2013-04-06, 16:45)esk1 Wrote: I Keep getting bounced around from thread to thread because I guess its a bit confusing to which menu I am referring to.

The In Progress TV shows I am talking about is "Videos > In Progress TV Shows" but a lot of skins have it located under the tv shows section like aeon nox and refocus big. My skin widgets are working fine on the main screen, but the menu In Progress TV menu never updates except on system reboots.

ah that indeed is XBMC itself and not skin widgets. Since I never used that myself I can't comment on that. Seems it's not refreshing the list after it has finished.
If you can confirm that is really the issue then open a ticket on trac.xbmc.org providng steps to reproduce the problem.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-04-06, 16:47)Martijn Wrote: ah that indeed is XBMC itself and not skin widgets. Since I never used that myself I can't comment on that. Seems it's not refreshing the list after it has finished.
If you can confirm that is really the issue then open a ticket on trac.xbmc.org providng steps to reproduce the problem.

Thanks for the help anyways, I'm not even 100% sure that it is suppose to auto update but it seems weird if it does not. Sometimes its nice to drill into your library using the recommended shows in this view instead of only seeing the widget on the home screen, especially if you get really behind on a show or want to watch the last 5 minutes of the episode from last season.
I guess I'll just abandon this view and use the widget. I can always browse me TV shows and filter for unwatched stuff but this view was a nice way to see what you are working on.
Glad its not just my system doing this. I'd resorted to rebooting daily in sync with the library updates to try and resolve this.
Is therea way to add In progress TV shows to Confluence sub menu on TV SHOWS instead of diving into VIDEOS and going that way?

TIA

uNi
Does anyone have an opinion as to whether this is a feature or a bug of xbmc? It seems xbmc caches certain dynamic playlists when accessed directly from the skin main menu. As well as the in progress tv shows I experience this behavior with some random smart playlists of mine, as well as the simpleplaylists addon (when accessed via the Amber skin's 'shelf' menu, but not when accessed via browsing).

I've had a search to see if there's some kind of setting to tell xbmc not to cache these playlists, but have had no luck. Seeing as 'recently added' does not have this issue I'd assume there must be some kind of cache flush happening somewhere.

If anyone has any ideas of how to fix this issue I'd be all ears!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
In Progress TV Shows0