Manualy adding discart...?
Artwork Downloader doesn't seem to find disc art for more than half of my movies. I have tried manually adding disc art, but I can't seem to make XBMC read them.
Noticed several other people have had this problem, but I can't seem to find a guide on how to make this work.
Did you enable "Use local files" in Artwork Downloader settings ?
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
I did enable "use local files" under advanced options. I then found a cover art for one of the movies not displaying disc art. This file was a .jpg file so I converted it to a .png file and put it in my movies folder alongside the other artworks. I then ran artwork downloader again and manually refreshed the movie. Seems like that should work, but it doesn't.
Just noticed that some of my movies that do have discart do not have a file "xxxx-dicart" ,where xxxx is the movie's name, in my movies folder. Does XBMC not get the discart from the same folder like it does for thumbs and fanart?
To manually add discart it has to be named "disc.png" and in the movie folder. I noticed in your other post about fanart that you said you have all of your movies in one folder. My guess is this is the problem. Try putting a movie in its own folder and naming the discart "disc.png" and see if it works then.
Strange. I moved all of my movies into their own folders. It did fix the problem I was having with fanart, but I am still having issues with discart. Before, some of my movies had discart and they showed up as mentioned above in my movies folder. Upon rescanning, XBMC does not find those files. It also does not find them if I rename them to "disc.png". Does XBMC not find these automatically like it does with fanarts, thumbs and even trailers?
Thanks for the patience. It's making me crazy.
Artwork Downloader does pretty much all of the artwork handling now. So, if you have your movies in separate folders(which you need to for disc art to work properly) and you have disc.png inside each movie folder, then go run Artwork Downloader. It will scan and process the files accordingly(make sure local files is enabled).
Hi i mean there is a dB File that was created from Artwork Downloader you mußte delete this File and then rescan but i dont know which File that was.
Unlike cdART manager, Artwork Downloader doesn't have it's "own" Db. Instead anything downloaded to the media directory will be cached to the Thumbnails folder in XBMC then added to the "Textures13.db" file XBMC uses to show media artwork.

You can attempt to delete this file and do another Artwork Downloader scan, but it would probably be most effective combined with Artwork Downloader's "Re-download All Artwork" option. But only if you don't have any disc art that's not available online. If you have that it's highly likely it will get wiped when that option is selected and Artwork Downloader refreshes ALL artwork on the system.
You don't need to go fiddling with the thumbnails. When using AD and selecting new artwork, it will automatically update the thumbnails.
AFAIK if you are using XBMC Frodo and above (12.x), Artwork Downloader does not download the image files, it just inserts the links to the images into the Textures13.db database, then when you browse your movies, the images are downloaded and cached as needed by the GUI, but they are downloaded to the XBMC Thumbnails folders (cache folders) not to the folders where your movie files are.
To have the extra artwork(including discart, logos, etc.) copied to the folders where the movie files are, you need to export the video database collection (choosing to export it as split files and also choosing to include miniatures and fanarts when exporting).
OK. I did everything you guys suggested and was able to get a few discarts to display, just not properly. I can convert the files to .png, but they don't have transparency so it looks really bad. The sites that artwork downloader searches indeed do not have discart for the movies that are missing them. Any suggestions on how to find good scans or how to make them (without photoshop)?
I make discart for every movie that does not have one in my collection. I have 1,026 movies and they all have discart now. There are tutorials on fanart.tv if you want to create your own using photoshop or gimp. I also posted a link a little while ago to almost 300 discart that wasn't available on fanart.tv. It is in the artwork pack forum.

Gimp is free and is what I use to create them.

Ecover.to is a good place to find scans to create your own. Also mega-search.net
I'm pretty sure the png files require an alpha channel transparency and not a "colour set to equal transparent"... Although I could be wrong. Smile
OK. I got Gimp, but it is sort of intimidating looking. The tutorials on fanart.tv seem to be down and I can't seem to find a simple guide on how to do this. If you can point me to a good one that would be helpful, otherwise this is gonna have to go on the back burner until I get a little more time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Manualy adding discart...?0