• 1(current)
[RELEASE] Trakt.tv List Manager Add-on
Hi,

I am working on an add-on (video and program plugin) to manage lists (custom lists and your watchlist) on trakt.tv. I did this mainly to have a possibility to add movies from other add-ons like Trailer add-ons.

Work is still in progress.

Current Features
- Login (including credentials-check-loop)
- Create/Delete/View Custom Lists
- View Watchlist
- Add/Delete Movies to/from Custom Lists
- Add/Delete Movies to/from your Watchlist
- Manage default list (custom or watchlist)

Integration for other add-ons
If you like, you can simply also add integration to your add-ons.
The integration is very simple, in most cases you just need to add two lines to your code:
PHP Code:
TRAKT_ADD_URL 'XBMC.RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.trakt_list_manager/movies/add?title=%s)'
liz.addContextMenuItems([('Add Movie on Trakt.tv'TRAKT_ADD_URL movie_title)]) 
The above URL should fit in most cases but here is a complete list:
Code:
# add movie to user's default list or ask for list if no default set (can be watchlist or customlist)
# if imdb_id and/or tmdb_id is provided, they will be passed without a check to trakt!
# elif title is provided it will perform a search, the user has to choose the movie
XBMC.RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.trakt_list_manager/movies/add?title=%s)
XBMC.RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.trakt_list_manager/movies/add?imdb_id=%s)
XBMC.RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.trakt_list_manager/movies/add?tmdb_id=%s)

# add movies to users watchlist, same rules as above
XBMC.RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.trakt_list_manager/watchlist/movies/add?title=%s)
XBMC.RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.trakt_list_manager/watchlist/movies/add?imdb_id=%s)
XBMC.RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.trakt_list_manager/watchlist/movies/add?tmdb_id=%s)

In the above example I would suggest adding "TRAKT_ADD_URL" anywhere global in your code. Then you only need to call the "addContextMenuItems"-method on your "xbmcgui.ListItem"-instance (most name it "liz" or "li"). This method requires a list of two-items-tuples where the first item is the caption of the context menu and the second is the XBMC special-protocol url. You only need to add the movie-title of this list-item.

You also don't need to add this add-on to your addon.xml requirements: On Frodo the user will be asked to install this add-on when needed.

Changelog
Code:
0.1.0 (07.03.2013)
- added full watchlist list (add/delete movies)
- added possibility to set the watchlist or any custom list as default list
- added possibility to add a movie to the watchlist by external add-ons
- changed interface for external add-ons
- added "Show Movie Info" to context menu
- added setting "Use HTTPS" (default enabled)
- fixed script errors
- code improvements
- string improvements

0.0.2 (02.03.2013)
- added possibility to set a default list
- added watchlist (read) support
- new icon

0.0.1 (30.03.2013)
- initial release

Download
This add-on is available in the official xbmc.org Frodo add-on repository.
Source on Github

Feedback, bug-reports, ideas welcome.

regards,
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
Very nice addon, exactly something I'm looking for. Thank you.

What I would like to see is to pair movies from trakt lists (specially watchlist) with movies in my library so I could open Movies Watchlist, find out if selected movie in the list is/isn't present in my xbmc library and if it is one option would be to play it directly from the list. For movies in xbmc library it would be nice to show available infolabels from library (runtime, director, plot, metadata etc.) , I'm not sure if it's possible for items in the addons lists to show infolabels dynamically from library items, but selecting a movie by pressing OK could show new dialog window with all these information for sure (something like DialogVideoInfo.xml).
In lists globally it would be nice to get more information from trakt site, like watched/unwatched indicator, personal rating, trakt users ratings/votes, date added to watchlist etc.

Also you can make option to enable SSL for trakt site (offical trakt.tv addon is ssl only now - Changing http://api.trakt.tv to https://api.trakt.tv is enough, I've changed it already for personal preference.

You have a typo in settings.xml - setting id="default_pricacy"

Anyway really looking forward for your future work on this addon. It surely has a lot of potential and it's exactly the only thing I was missing in offical trakt.tv scrobbler addon.

Cheers, Ez.
(2013-04-02, 23:46)sphere Wrote: This is and will ever* be just a plugin to manage your custom list and view your watchlist, all other trakt.tv features are already available via the official trakt.tv add-on.

I understand you will be not adding other lists? Example api recommendations/movies . This feature and more are not available via the official trakt.tv add-on. Therefore I am confused why you said that.

For other add-ons
1.What about shows? I would request the same options for tv shows. E.g add a tv show to a custom list.

2.And I would request an option to add a single movie or show to watchlist and list seen.

3.And if you already know the imdb or tmdb or tvdb , title and year.
Could another add-on add it by this data? To skip the step to search the movie or show. E.g http://trakt.tv/api-docs/lists-items-add
(2013-04-03, 01:08)ezechiel1917 Wrote: What I would like to see is to pair movies from trakt lists (specially watchlist) with movies in my library so I could open Movies Watchlist, find out if selected movie in the list is/isn't present in my xbmc library and if it is one option would be to play it directly from the list.
Regarding the "play if local exists" - I will think about that. Not sure if this can work (good).

(2013-04-03, 01:08)ezechiel1917 Wrote: For movies in xbmc library it would be nice to show available infolabels from library (runtime, director, plot, metadata etc.) , I'm not sure if it's possible for items in the addons lists to show infolabels dynamically from library items, but selecting a movie by pressing OK could show new dialog window with all these information for sure (something like DialogVideoInfo.xml).
In lists globally it would be nice to get more information from trakt site, like watched/unwatched indicator, personal rating, trakt users ratings/votes, date added to watchlist etc.
The add-on already provides all trakt.tv available infolabels (runtime, plot, cover, fanart, played-indicator, ...) - just open the info dialog (using "i"-key). Maybe i can open that info on select (instead of showing the ok-dialog). Not sure what would be the benefit from taking this info from your local movies if trakt already provides them.

(2013-04-03, 01:08)ezechiel1917 Wrote: Also you can make option to enable SSL for trakt site (offical trakt.tv addon is ssl only now - Changing http://api.trakt.tv to https://api.trakt.tv is enough, I've changed it already for personal preference.
Thanks, didn't knew that, will be changed!

(2013-04-03, 01:08)ezechiel1917 Wrote: You have a typo in settings.xml - setting id="default_pricacy"
Thanks, will be fixed.

(2013-04-03, 15:42)tikkiew Wrote: I understand you will be not adding other lists? Example api recommendations/movies . This feature and more are not available via the official trakt.tv add-on. Therefore I am confused why you said that.
I didn't knew that the official one doesn't already provide that. I agree that it would be a benefit to access suggestion lists, I put that on my list.

(2013-04-03, 15:42)tikkiew Wrote: For other add-ons
1.What about shows? I would request the same options for tv shows. E.g add a tv show to a custom list.
Is that really something you would use?

(2013-04-03, 15:42)tikkiew Wrote: 2.And I would request an option to add a single movie or show to watchlist and list seen.
I already have partly working code for adding/removing to/from watchlist. Will be added later.

(2013-04-03, 15:42)tikkiew Wrote: 3.And if you already know the imdb or tmdb or tvdb , title and year.
Could another add-on add it by this data? To skip the step to search the movie or show. E.g http://trakt.tv/api-docs/lists-items-add
Already present in the github version, will be available in the next version.

Generally said, this add-on was planned to "simple manage" your custom lists, not as a full featured trakt.tv client. I can't add every single feature but you are welcome to open PullRequests Big Grin
Most of your ideas makes sense to add so I will do it.

regards,
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
using latest git and unfortunately pressing info on remote or 'i' on keyboard does nothing for me in any of the lists.

(2013-04-03, 20:58)sphere Wrote: The add-on already provides all trakt.tv available infolabels (runtime, plot, cover, fanart, played-indicator, ...) - just open the info dialog (using "i"-key). Maybe i can open that info on select (instead of showing the ok-dialog). Not sure what would be the benefit from taking this info from your local movies if trakt already provides them.
(2013-04-03, 21:30)ezechiel1917 Wrote: using latest git and unfortunately pressing info on remote or 'i' on keyboard does nothing for me in any of the lists.

(2013-04-03, 20:58)sphere Wrote: The add-on already provides all trakt.tv available infolabels (runtime, plot, cover, fanart, played-indicator, ...) - just open the info dialog (using "i"-key). Maybe i can open that info on select (instead of showing the ok-dialog). Not sure what would be the benefit from taking this info from your local movies if trakt already provides them.

Ah, I forgot to say that the info-labels only work when you start the add-on from the video add-ons section, sorry.
Maybe I should remove the executable extension point...
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
oh, you are right, it works there. Thanks.
There are some infolabels, that's a good start Smile Now only if Play button could play a movie from library it would be perfect Wink
(2013-04-03, 20:58)sphere Wrote: I didn't knew that the official one doesn't already provide that. I agree that it would be a benefit to access suggestion lists, I put that on my list.

First I want to say that this was a question, not a request.
Yesterday I thought the trakt.tv service add-on only scrobbels you library. But I just notice the service add-on also install a trakt.tv program add-on. But I can't get the program add-on to open. Perhaps that add-on get more features than I thought.
I even think if that official trakt.tv add-on contain all the lists (watched , custom, recommendations, etc.. There is no need to show any lists on your add-on. And you could also consider that your add-on will be hidden from the user. Not listed on video/program add-on. If that is even possible? Because the main purpose for your add-on is to easy integrate the add to trak.tv feauture to another add-ons. That's to you to decide.

(2013-04-03, 20:58)sphere Wrote:
(2013-04-03, 15:42)tikkiew Wrote: For other add-ons
Is that really something you would use?

Yes. Certainly. I will integrate this option on an add-on that lists new/interesting shows and the episodes. I want to definitely want an option to add a shows or even a episode to custom/watchlist/seen list.
Should have check this first. Apparently that official trakt.tv add-on doesn't provide any trakt.tv lists. The sole purpose for the program add-on is to trigger a manual sync.
(2013-04-05, 16:35)nate1280 Wrote: The program addon is for triggering a manual sync, while the service addon is running.
did you end up getting watchlist set as default? or integration for it? i'm primarily looking to integrate this with your Trailer(s) addons, and by default would like movies to go to watchlist.

also, for API key.. see it's hard coded in the source now. option to edit that? i manually did that for now.
(2013-04-07, 08:03)SevenNine Wrote: also, for API key.. see it's hard coded in the source now. option to edit that? i manually did that for now.
Why do you want to change the API key?
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
I have Version 0.1.0 ready, see download link in first post.

Changelog:
Code:
0.1.0 (07.03.2013)
- added full watchlist list (add/delete movies)
- added possibility to set the watchlist or any custom list as default list
- added possibility to add a movie to the watchlist by external add-ons
- changed interface for external add-ons
- added "Show Movie Info" to context menu
- added setting "Use HTTPS" (default enabled)
- fixed script errors
- code improvements
- string improvements

It should solve all your feature requests except the tv-show related one which will come later.
I needed to change the Interface - there are several URLs possible now for external Add-ons:
Code:
# add movie to user's default list or ask for list if no default set (can be watchlist or customlist)
# if imdb_id and/or tmdb_id is provided, they will be passed without a check to trakt!
# elif title is provided it will perform a search, the user has to choose the movie
XBMC.RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.trakt_list_manager/movies/add?title=%s)
XBMC.RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.trakt_list_manager/movies/add?imdb_id=%s)
XBMC.RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.trakt_list_manager/movies/add?tmdb_id=%s)

# add movies to users watchlist, same rules as above
XBMC.RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.trakt_list_manager/watchlist/movies/add?title=%s)
XBMC.RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.trakt_list_manager/watchlist/movies/add?imdb_id=%s)
XBMC.RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.trakt_list_manager/watchlist/movies/add?tmdb_id=%s)

as always, if you have any comments, you are welcome.

regards,
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
(2013-04-07, 11:22)sphere Wrote:
(2013-04-07, 08:03)SevenNine Wrote: also, for API key.. see it's hard coded in the source now. option to edit that? i manually did that for now.

I was getting permissions / denied messages in log when trying to verify lists in settings. Added in my API key for my account, worked. I'll test again today with the new version.
(2013-04-07, 20:07)SevenNine Wrote:
(2013-04-07, 11:22)sphere Wrote:

I was getting permissions / denied messages in log when trying to verify lists in settings. Added in my API key for my account, worked. I'll test again today with the new version.

Just tested. Working brilliantly. No need to mess with API. HTTPS working. Watchlist working great. You nailed it. :-) Thank you!
Add movies to users watchlist didn't work.
plugin://plugin.video.trakt_list_manager/watchlist/movies/add?title=
In the log I tried this.
Code:
Error Contents: No matching view found for /watchlist/movies/add
If you want a more detailed log. Just tell me. The other one did work -->> add movie to user's default list or ask for list if no default set. Even if default list is watchlists.

Also I get an error when watchlist is empty.
I got no movies on watchlist. And when trying to open watchlist with the trakt.tv list manager. I get an error "script failed" message.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Trakt.tv List Manager Add-on3