Frodo: Location of files
Hello

I am using VOB file system on my DVD rippings and they are all located in separate folders.
One movie, one folder.

/MOVIENAME/VIDEO_TS/files.....

I prefer to use nfo files.

I have put the NFO files in the same folder as the VOB and IFO files and I have named it video_ts.nfo

Were should I put the file for poster and fanart and what is the correct name for these files ?

I think there has been a change from EDEN to FRODO when it comes to file name and location.

Can someone help me please ?

Petter
suggest you use a proper way and produce one file: movie.iso. makes life a lot easier. FileSystem can't be the excuse.
Help here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1383654 (your old post)
Place all those files in the MOVIENAME folder
I also suggest that you place your DVD structure in a ISO image. Have one file to manage. I used have my DVDs in the DVD structure and I converted mine over to a ISO image. When I rip new DVDs it takes less time to rip them using ISO image.
Kodi 17, Transparency Skin
PogoPlug v4 running Arm Linux 4.4.63 as MySQL (mariadb) server.
Mac OS 10.12.5
2015 27" iMac 3.3 GHz Quad, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
2015 13" Macbook Pro, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD
AppleTV 4 TV OS 10
Changing from VOB to ISO or any other format is more a work around than solving the problem I think.
I have ripped about 1400 DVD's into VOB and want to stay that way. Storage is no problem.

All this worked fine in EDEN but after installing FRODO its not working the way it was.
I have many national movies and also private movies and old TV recordings I have converted into VOB files so I am using NFO files a lot to have the correct information on screen and poster and fan art.
Also I have 2 mediaplayers using the same NAS for video sources so for me its more convenient to put the movie information were the movie files are rather than have the XBMC scraping into its own database. Then I would need to share database via SQL and I dont want to jump into that task quite yet.

I need to figure out how this works.
There are some info in the WIKI about filenaming in FRODO and it also state that it is backwards compatible. In one way I dont get that to work here so I need to find out why. I love troubleshooting so I am not giving up but one of my way to collect information is through this forum so please dig in anyone.....
I found out one way to get fanart located the VIDEO_TS folder into the system.
Maybe there are more ways but I found out that if I mark a video on the list and right-click on "Movie Information" and go to "additional", I can go to "choose graphic" and "fanart" and from there I can choose "local".
It will then pick up my local fanart in VIDEP_TS folder.

Now I just need to find out how I can set this globally so that I dont need to do it on every movie I have.

I am using a Norwegian version of XBMC so the name on the menu selections are just translated to English. Might be slightly different.
Ned Scott....you were of course right.
I moved the files to the MOVIENAME folder but I also had to rename the graphic files to poster.jpg and fanart.jpg.
That made it.

I only wonder why EMBER Media Maker put then in the wrong folder with the wrong name.
It should be FRODO compatible after what I know so ....maybe it was not correct configured by me.
I need to look into that.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP !!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo: Location of files0