Raspbmc NFS UID permissions issue on Synology
I just set up NFS on my Synology. My OpenElec system has no problem accessing the files. I set up Raspbmc and was having troubles with a few folders/files. Turns out that those specific files were created by Sickbeard and did not have guest access turned on like the others.
Openelec runs as root, which seems to let it have NFS access to all the shared files.

Raspbmc runs as pi. But I'm not sure I can create a Pi account with a correlating UID on Synology, since NFS uses UID for permissions.

Other than giving guest access to all my shares, is there a better solution?
Well, I don't know about this one, but I had to hack my Synology's etc/exports in order to make the Share accessible for Win XBMC. Raspberry Pi uses this NFS aswell. http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=NFS
I guess there is an issue with the 'insecure' setting since that is supposed to prevent this problem. I'll have to try again.
Nope insecure is about allowing access from unprivileged ports. It is not ment to fix your filesystem permissions. Read the NFS wiki - you need to map all accesses to a known uid and make sure your export has the rights for this uid applied recursivly.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
From the Linux section, I read this:
Quote:The important options here for use with XBMC are the "ip or iprange" and the "insecure" options. The "insecure" option is needed because we want to be able to run XBMC without root privileges. If the insecure option is not enabled, only the root user (uid 0) will have access to the nfs share.

So I thought all I needed was to remove the insecure bit.

My best option would then be to enable all_squash somehow. So I can use the map to admin option, or start playing with the /etc/exports file. Since I restrict based on IP which I have reservations for, I think its safe to go with that option.

To mess with the etc/exports file, can you have multiple entries for anonuid=xxx" and "anongid=xxx? I'm still amateur to Synology, Linux and NFS.
I have no synology. I can tell you that squash_all and anonuid, anongid is the thing you need to do. Only one anonuid,gid is possible on normal linux nfs servers.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
So what do you suggest for squash settings?
read the wiki i have written that down already (lik in my signature)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Raspbmc NFS UID permissions issue on Synology0