Linux RPi some instabilities regarding live tv
Hello there,

I am using my tiny rpi with raspbmc xbmc 12.1 as a frontend of my mediaportal server running win 7 64 bit with mp 1.3.
In this server I've got two s2 tv cards.
In general the whole thing is working quite ok however there are some issues.
-when the system is recording on one card the rpi wont play live tv, at least in 2 out of 3 times
-same goes for one card being busy by another mp client
-I sometimes get an error message saying "pvr client" and the rpi wont play live tv again
-sometimes the rpi blocks a card (even when the rpi is already shut down) causing my server to not got to sleep and to not let my other clients watch tv

I would provide logs if I knew how.
Anyone else having these problems?

Thanks in advance,

Rico
I'm streaming LiveTV to my RPi (512) Frodo 12.1 with Wifi using VU+ plugin (v1.6.7). Small tweak to advancedsettings.xml and everything works smoothly,, no buffering, EPG works...
Hi Rico,

You have a setup close to mine, I'm running Windows 2008 server using the TV Server of MediaPortal. So hopefully we can work something out.

Firstly what sort of network setup to do you have? Are you using any type of wireless connection or all cat5?

Have you confirmed that your running the 64bit drivers for the DVB-S2 cards?

The best place to start for your log is on the RPI, using Putty. SSH to your RPI and change to the for /home/pi/.xbmc/temp/ you will find the xbmc.log files. Copy the contents and post them here. To keep the log small I would reboot the RPI and start a Live Tv channel while another client is also set to Live Tv. Stop the channel and then login.

Hopefully that's a starting point and we can make some progress.

Cheers

Garry
Hey guys,
thanks for your reply.
I've got cat 5 cables and since I don't have any problems on my other clients I don't think that this could
be related to the drivers.
I will do as you told to provide logs.

Cheers,

Rico

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RPi some instabilities regarding live tv0