How to start scraping?
How can I - after having renamed the video files properly - make XBMC start scraping, gathering informations about the movies?

To actualize the library each time XBMC starts, seems to be something else than gaining movie information. So, what is the best way to always have the movie informations updated automatically?

I have enabled different scrapers, data bases add ons to download informations about movies, so can I use more than one scraper, e.g. "Kino.de", "IMDb" at the same time?
Newest stable Kodi (portable), Win 10 | skin: default Confluence
There is a setting you can change to make xbmc update the library on startup.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Settings/Videos Screen shot and where to find the setting here.
Thank you, Diggs,

Yes, I had done that before, but at startup nothing will be updated, as far as I see it. It doesn't seem to start scraping at least at startup.
It sounds like you are saying it has never scraped your movies at all yet. If that is the case you need to set the content type on your movie folder to Movies. If so, see http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...d_scanning
Ah, yes, many thanks, architeuthis666,

That is the case, and these settings I was looking for, respectively settings like that I have missed.

I see, scraping lasts very long, about 140 movies, seem to need some hours or so.

And it seems as if you only can use one scraper at a time. And IMDb doesn't seem to be available.

Thanks again.
IMDb can be set up using the "Universal Movie Scraper". The original IMDb scraper add-on broke, but Universal Scraper will use IMDb by default (and has tons of cool options, too).
Thank you, Ned,

Yes, I see, I have tried now Universal Movie Scraper and TMDB and some others (but the others do not seem to be useful), and UMS seems to be the best scraper, indeed, finds most of the movies. But TMDB is not bad either.
What's nice about Universal is that you can mix the two. You can basically tweak where different parts of the data comes from, so summaries can come from one site, but artwork comes from another, etc. It's kind of a "power user" scraper, with tons of neat options.
Quote:What's nice about Universal is that you can mix the two.
Yes, in the UMS's settings, if I am right.

Quote:You can basically tweak where different parts of the data comes from, so summaries can come from one site, but artwork comes from another, etc.
Yes, all to be set in "Configuration" of UMS, if I am right, I have to try out, which data sources are the best ones for me.

When there are missing data for a few movies, I assume, you cannot change the UMS's settings to re-scrape (item in the context menu) these few movies with other settings.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to start scraping?0