Best scraper / movie data base for movies?
Which is the best scraper for getting informations about movies, so which one does have information about most of the movies generally, e.g. OFDB, Kino.de, MovieMeter, IMDb etc.?
Newest stable Kodi (portable), Win 10 | skin: default Confluence
TMDB and Universal scraper.

uNi
Thank you, uNi,

So I will try them. I assume using one of them will delete the entries / movie informations already being download by "Kino.de".

The entry in XBMC for TMDB is The MovieDatabase, I guess, and Universal scraper is Universal Movie Scraper.
I use TMDB because Its open database if it doesnt have a certain Movie info I login to TMDB and add it or correct make additions to and everyone can enjoy this, aftre.

Yes using/setting different scrapers will overwrite the metadata you already have.

I would backup the databases in userdata (wiki) before going down this road.

uNi
So, just back up the userdata folder, activate / use another scraper and if you do not like the scrape information restore with the userdata you backed up before.

Actually the result of TMDB (and also of Universal S.) is not to bad, I guess e.g. 90, 95 % (of bout 140 movies) are found. It is a pity, that you cannot use more scrapers at the same time, so you could download the missing movie information with another scraper.
There;s three things to consider when info is missing

1) Your naming convention does not match what online databases where info is gathered from with scrapers.
2) The actual missing data is because indeed it doesn't exist in said databases.
3) If your sure it is not because of 1) and your sure it is because of 2), add this missing info yourself to the databases online like e.g. TMDB and don't complain. Big Grin

uNi
OK, thanks, correcting some information (with a bit complainig) works well and easily. I guess Universal S. and TMDB use the same data base or a similar one or can use the same according to your settings. Universal S. seems to be a bit more versatile because of its different settings you can make.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best scraper / movie data base for movies?0