Index broken, how to play video?
How could I play (and navigate in a video) with broken index?
Newest stable Kodi (portable), Win 10 | skin: default Confluence
broken index? like a bluray or DVD image?
Sorry, no idea, VLC shows "Index broken".

The video doesn't play properly in XBMC, shows wrong running times, navigation not possible.
Remux using ffmpeg.
Thank you nickr,

Sorry, I am not quite sure what that might mean.
ffmpeg -i yourfile.avi -vcodec copy -acodec copy yournewfile.avi
Oops, it's getting a bit more cryptical...sorry again, it looks very interesting, but my imagination doesn't seem to be that effective to...
what is the filename of a file you can't play?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-04-07, 00:03)Dirki Wrote: Oops, it's getting a bit more cryptical...sorry again, it looks very interesting, but my imagination doesn't seem to be that effective to...

That means re-convert the source material to make a new video file, and play the new one instead. (I believe)
(2013-04-07, 05:32)nickr Wrote: what is the filename of a file you can't play?
E.g.: Das Vermaechtnis der Tempelritter.avi

Quote:That means re-convert the source material to make a new video file, and play the new one instead. (I believe)
Hmmm...OK...well...thanks.
Setting up and using ffmpeg is not trivial, depending on what kind of computer and level of computer knowledge you have.

Any software that can remux without recoding the video and audio streams may do the job. Or, if you can get a non-broken file from the original source, that may be the easiest way to go.
LibreELEC 10.0.4 * ViMediaManager or TinyMediaManager | Raspberry pi 4b
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard
OK, I do not even know what ffmpeg is, may be a program or so like it sounds; I know how to shut off a computer...

Quote:Any software that can remux without recoding the video and audio streams may do the job.
And I do not even no what "remux" means, but...

Quote: Or, if you can get a non-broken file from the original source, that may be the easiest way to go.
Ah, well, something I do understand; yes, indeed, that truly is indeed what exactly is my opinion, but unfortunately....

OK, I rather will delete the corrupted file, I guess.

Many thanks.
ffmpeg is software, yes. It is probably the most versatile tool for manipulating video files into different forms. But it is run by command line and there is a steep learning curve.

"Remux" means to take the two data streams (basically one video and one audio) out of the container file and put them back together ("mux") into a new container file. This process can sometimes fix the kind of problem you have. It doesn't require alteration of the basic video and audio streams so it is pretty fast.
LibreELEC 10.0.4 * ViMediaManager or TinyMediaManager | Raspberry pi 4b
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard
Thank you, Glorious1.

Quote:ffmpeg is software, yes. It is probably the most versatile tool for manipulating video files into different forms. But it is run by command line and there is a steep learning curve.
OK, so using it for just some files, it wouldn't be worth it.

Quote:"Remux" means to take the two data streams (basically one video and one audio) out of the container file and put them back together ("mux") into a new container file. This process can sometimes fix the kind of problem you have. It doesn't require alteration of the basic video and audio streams so it is pretty fast.
OK, I tried these files in VLC, it repaired, respectively tried to repair the index (but does not store, I couldn't find a way at least), but the files didn't play properly or you couldn't navigate.

Thanks again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Index broken, how to play video?0