How hard would it be to scrape reviews of some sort
Wink 
please forgive me if this is a totally ridiculous request/question but i am wondering how much work and what would it involve to have a scraper scrape some sort of critic or user reviews from sites like imdb or rotten tomato kind of like we do for the plot of a movie.
Is this even feasible and will it (im sure it will) involve a addon/script i wouldn't have a clue how much work this would be but i think it would be a cool feature to implement into a skin some how.

sorry If this has already been achieved it would be great if we could access the reviews straight out of our dialogvideoinfo

just short reviews like on rotten tomatoes but wouldn't have to come from that website
If someone could let me know weather this would be even possible that would be fantastic

Please move thread to wherever it belongs if need be
I'd love a feature like this. I don't think it should download user reviews to the db, rather fetch the latest reviews on the fly when the addon is used. The most logical place for it to live, I think, would be in the movie/film info pane, next to the actor info / trailer etc. (though not sure if that would require skin support?)

I did try and roll up my sleeves and work out how to make this addon a while back, but didn't get very far. I might try again at some point (though if someone who actually knows what they're doing we're to decide to make it that would be amazing)

tldr +1
Wink 
Since I do reviews in haiku form (check it out at http://www.gottahavacuppamocha.com), this seems like a great idea Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How hard would it be to scrape reviews of some sort0