Disable Optical Drive Scan
What setting can I change (or file can I edit/delete) to prevent XBMC from scanning optical drives on startup and/or to simply disable XBMC from accessing optical drives at all? This does NOT need to be easily reversible, as I NEVER play optical discs using XBMC.

I searched the menus and checked the internet some, but haven't had much luck. I apologize if this is obvious and I somehow missed it.

My slightly odd use case is as follows, if anyone was wondering:

Sometimes I want to rip a disc (usually Blu-Ray) and watch something else at the same time. I launch XBMC and it begins scanning/trying to load the disc I've currently got in the drive; by doing so, both XBMC and the ripping program (MakeMKV in this case) freeze for some period of time until MakeMKV aborts the rip or I end process on one of the programs. In addition to this, the drive spins up more and makes almost constant seeking noises until I close both programs.
I have also encountered this and am currently looking for a way to disable to disc drove in xbmc although i usually dont get any help on this forum for some reason. My questions usualy go unanswered. Undecided

I also start ripping a blu ray and then when xbmc loads up so i can watch something while its ripping it starts accessing the drive and it sounds like it actually makes the disc skip in the drive a couple of times. I hear a few clicks from the disc and then i can hear the drive continue to try and access the disc. I dont get any freezing but it is quite annoying. After about 5 minutes i guess it reads it and then the "play disc" option appears. I am concerned what this could be doing to my disc or even my video i am trying to encode.

Did you find any solutions yet?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Disable Optical Drive Scan0