Req make "recently added movie" hide watched items by default
Yes it feels like a door being slammed in your face. But that would also be the case if within a single minute the PR gets rejected with a valid reason.
In this case I haven't seen a real valid and staffed reason..

I know that you have a kind of 'product owner' within the team that is responsible for a certain module, but if this is an example of how PR's are handled by these product owners then there is something wrong with the approval procedure. Sure the owners must have the biggest say and must be able veto any PR by giving a good reason that other team members agree upon, but not just slamming things down because they don't like the look of it or want to do it better somewhere around 2018.

Like NedScott and I said earlier in this case there is:
  • Demand
  • Working solution
  • No regression
  • No additional dependency
  • Team members wanting it
  • No staffed reason no to

Confluence is a good skin and it's good to keep the default skin simple and especially widely accessible (usability wise) but don't forget it's the first experience many new members get with Kodi and therefore also has to offer a good expierence. Adding this widely requested feature in will only benefit the user in the end.

Like Confluence and want to see unwatched recently added items on the home screen without this PR?
  1. Search and hopefully find a good Confluence mod --> "What not possible with this skin itself? I'll stick to media player x"
  2. Download zip / add third party repo
  3. Install Confluence mod --> Loose official skin/support

Like Confluence and want to see unwatched recently added items on the home screen with this PR?
  • Already have service.skin.widgets addon: it just works like you want it to work
  • Or from the Confluence wiki: install the official service.skin.widgets addon
Platforms: macOS - iOS - OSMC
co-author: Red Bull TV add-on

Messages In This Thread
RE: make "recently added movie" hide watched items by default - by tripkip - 2014-11-18, 10:48
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
make "recently added movie" hide watched items by default4