OS X Frodo crashes (sometimes) on a particular DVD ISO
I have tried this on Dharma and on Frodo - I have the xbmc.log and apple crash information from Frodo.

This is a DVD ISO image that was ripped using dvdbackup under linux.
I can launch it and the menu plays, but when selecting play, xbmc does one of two things, and I can't determine what causes the difference - but in no case will the ISO image play.

On some occasions, after selecting play in the DVD menu, XBMC will simply return to the files menu from where I opened/launched the image. In mot cases, XBMC simply crashes and drops you back to the desktop with an Apple Crash report prepared.

I enabled debugging from the system menu in Frodo and capture a log file when it just returns to the menu, and another log file when the application crashes.

At http://www.taftbbs.com/xbmc is a directory containing the following:

Apple_Crash_report.txt - capture of the information in the prepared crash report
this_system.txt - output of system_profiler
xbmc_return_to_menu.log - when xbmc simply returns to the File menu
xbmc_crash.log - when XBMC crashes

Note that all of the files have been renamed with .txt extensions for easier display in a browser.

If anyone can help me figure out to stop this from happening...

I think the system_profiler output will answer all the questions about the mac where I'm capturing the logs.
The version of XBMC is Frodo 12.1 - if there is anything else missing, please let me know.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo crashes (sometimes) on a particular DVD ISO0