• 18(current)
[i.MX6] XBMC running on Freescale SoC's
stephan

Thanks for your work on xbmc.
It works nice on the gk802. I think wlan isn't working on the gk802 with this rootfs, but with my usbdongle identified as dm9601 network is ok. I added zoneinfo to /usr/share so that I can set timezone in the gui.

hste
Thanks so much for this @wolfgar,
I've left my gk802 on the shelf for the longest time, I will go home and give this a try tonight.
Hi hste,

Thanks for the zoneinfo tips : have just added the the tzdata package so that users will be able to install it easily
smart install tzdata
well,
smart install --stepped tzdata
to bypass the annoying smart bug...

Best regards
Stephan
With my Wandboard and XBMC (previous as well as latest version) the y-axis of videos is somewhat distorted. So circles are displayed as ellipses. I have tried different video settings and have calibrated the screen without success so far. With a Raspberry board and the same video settings, video file and monitor everything is fine. Any suggestions?

Peter
Is it a XBMC only issue ?
I mean do you have a similar issue with other wandboard images ?
I tried this last night... xbmc UI is faster than my xbian on rpi.

I can confirm wifi have issues connecting, but any usb-ethernet adapter is working for me. I am having a bit of trouble streaming a 720p mkv file over the internet though. I have a server where I automatically download tv shows, and currently I stream everything through my Xbian on my RPI. The same files (on the same server) that stream fine from my RPI is jerky on the GK802. I use the same usb dongle for both devices. SD files stream just fine. I'm currently downloading more 720p files to test. But when I stream my 1080p content from local fileserver (but through a locally hosted webserver) everything streams fine.

So few possibilities, the bandwidth through the usb port on the gk802 is limited? (I was able to download at 2mb/s from that same server with the dongle so I don't think it's bandwidth issue)

To clarify the 720p streaming issue is occasional jitters. It's not paused/buffering anything, it just look like some frames are freeze half a second longer while others some stale frames will flash other scenes. Anyway I can fix this? Is this a memory buffering problem?

Paul
Hi Paul

If you have a look at your advanced settings file you may be able to check that I have set quite high values regarding buffering but still you can try to tweak these values (especially try to check them against the ones you use on your Rpi)
I suspect it may be a USB issue (I really don't have such issues on my boards with imx gpb Ethernet) : Do you have any logs relevant to USB in your dmesg when the freezes occur ?
Do you have some interesting logs in xmbc.log ? (stored in /tmp/temp for my image)
Finally I don't understand at first sight why you could stream properly 1080p videos and have issue with 720p : Please check carefully the formats (video codec and container) : They may be part of your problem

Regards
Stephan
Hi Paul

Try adding this to your /etc/rc.local:
echo 2 >/proc/irq/75/smp_affinity #usb_wakeup, fsl-usb2-otg, fsl ehci pre interrupt, ehci_hcd:usb1, fsl-usb2-udc
echo 4 >/proc/irq/87/smp_affinity #i.MX Timer Tick
echo 8 >/proc/irq/147/smp_affinity #mxc_hdmi, hdmi dma

It balance the interrupts to different cores.

Make a /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf
blacklist rtl8192cu
blacklist rtlwifi
blacklist rtl8192c_common
blacklist 8192cu

So the modules doesn't get loaded at boot. I think the usb works better when those modules aren't loaded,

Another tip I got for usbdongle identified as smsc75xx is
ethtool -K eth0 rx off tx off
ethtool -s eth0 speed 100 duplex full

hste
Just an additional remark :
Some cheap USB dongles are often marketed as Ethernet 100mbps but are USB v1.1 only !
So at the end, at ethrnet PHY the link is up @100mpbs but you are unable to have an effective bandwidth greater than 12mbps... Marketing...
Stephan
(2013-11-09, 17:08)wolfgar Wrote: Is it a XBMC only issue ?
I mean do you have a similar issue with other wandboard images ?

No, at least with a Debian Wheezy image (by Robert Nelson) the video looks like it should.

Peter
can you issue a
fbset
command on this working image (Debian Wheezy by Robert Nelson)
and post the result please ?
I would like to check your frame buffer mode in this case...

Stephan
(2013-11-09, 19:53)wolfgar Wrote: can you issue a
fbset
command on this working image (Debian Wheezy by Robert Nelson)
and post the result please ?
I would like to check your frame buffer mode in this case...

Stephan

Hi Stephan,

here is the result of fbset.

Peter

mode "1920x1080-60"
# D: 148.500 MHz, H: 67.500 kHz, V: 60.000 Hz
geometry 1920 1080 1920 1080 32
timings 6734 148 88 36 4 44 5
hsync high
vsync high
rgba 8/16,8/8,8/0,8/24
endmode
ok same resolution and frequencies at least.
So I cannot understand why it behaves differently...

please post you xbmc.log (using a copy/paste service) so that I can check if there is something strange in it
Stephan
(2013-11-09, 22:27)wolfgar Wrote: ok same resolution and frequencies at least.
So I cannot understand why it behaves differently...

please post you xbmc.log (using a copy/paste service) so that I can check if there is something strange in it
Stephan

See

http://www.heypasteit.com/clip/11EG

Peter
I am sorry : Really I don't understand ...
Everything seems to be fine in these logs, the resolution (including frequency) is the same as your debian distro.
Don't you have another HDMI capable TV or monitor to check how it behaves ?
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[i.MX6] XBMC running on Freescale SoC's4