• 34(current)
[i.MX6] XBMC running on Freescale SoC's
(2014-03-14, 16:02)luksol Wrote: I had the same issue on rpi, this particular codec is not supported. Unless cubox-i supports it, you will have to recode it to normal mpeg4 (there is a way to do it in a losless way)

If msmpeg4 = divx3 then I think that it is supported on imx6.
But even for unsupported formats, rpi can play Hi10P - presumably via software decoding.
Problem here is to be able to fine filter those files so that they are not accepted by the imx6 codec.
Once they are accepted and decoding has started, XBMC has no provision to bail out and fallback to s/w.

Could you please provide logs both for hi10p and msmpeg4v3. We might be able to filter them based on what the demuxer is telling us.
(2014-03-14, 16:17)joelbaby Wrote:
(2014-03-14, 16:02)luksol Wrote: I had the same issue on rpi, this particular codec is not supported. Unless cubox-i supports it, you will have to recode it to normal mpeg4 (there is a way to do it in a losless way)

If msmpeg4 = divx3 then I think that it is supported on imx6.
But even for unsupported formats, rpi can play Hi10P - presumably via software decoding.

Yes and no Smile As far as I remember, msmpeg4 is a non-standard compliant Microsoft take on mpeg4. At some stage Divx used some version of it. I really cannot recall the details. Anyway, it is not 'normal' DivX. I wouldn't count on it working unless this specific codec is listed, and not just DivX.

And yes, you could play it via software decoding, cubox-i should handle SD content, I am not sure about HD though. Or reencode it to something else.
IIRC, divx3 was created from leaked sources of an early version of msmpeg4. So similar but different.
Quote:Edit : issue found , rebuild in progress I will update the file in a few minutes...
Edit2 : File updated wandq image md5sum 3c552d6c24ca6f7eaf1314773a042eda

Regarding the above image:

System:
wandboard quad
P.S. 5v, 4amp
powered USB expander
HDMI screen

Objective: SMB connection for picture, music, video and ideally live TV from a Windows Media Center backend.

Except for one time, I have been able to successfully configure the SMB feed for pictures, music and video. However, when I went to setup the SMB music via add-music the screen/mouse froze. I removed power and after booting was able to successfully setup SMB music.

Side note: Using the reset switch to reboot is not always successfully (e.g. after reboot blank screen). Not exactly related, but "shutdown now" causes a reboot were as under archlinux it does shutdown. On the other hand, under archlinux I have not beable to build a XBMC which does not crash frequently.

The picture section seemed to work fine until I right-click to exit at which time the screen/mouse froze.

In the case of videos and music, things seemed to work fine up to the point of playing an entry. In the case of video the inital frame loaded and then the screen/mouse immediately froze.

In the case of music -- same thing. You hear an initial beep of presumably music and the screen/mouse immediately freezes.

In all cases of the screen/mouse freezing, the serial terminal remains operative (i.e. the code did not crash). Also so far the log file didn't provide any clues as to the why the screen/mouse froze.

If there is anything I can do to help from my end, please advise. I am delighted and thankful for your efforts -- thank you.

John
@joelbaby
Please send me a sample of these problematic files : Odds are very high that it can be very easily solved (as koying has said it is only about properly decoding with VPU or by sw) but a sample will really help...
(2014-03-14, 16:38)Koying Wrote: Problem here is to be able to fine filter those files so that they are not accepted by the imx6 codec.
Once they are accepted and decoding has started, XBMC has no provision to bail out and fallback to s/w.

Could you please provide logs both for hi10p and msmpeg4v3. We might be able to filter them based on what the demuxer is telling us.

Here are some Hi10p http://www.koi-sama.net/files/hi10/ they get routed to iMX-h264 and they are id'd as yuv420p10le

Martin
Thanks emveepee : I will immediatly give them a try
@emveepee, I don't know whether the issue was the same for joelbaby but regarding your samples, they use AVC codec with profile high 10.
The VPU cannot decode this profile (it supports only BP/MP and high profile)
So I can disable hw decoding and revert to sw for this profile but do not expect good results...
No hardware decoder that I know does hi10p. It's really just a matter of avoiding the "black video" syndrome...
OK, so here it is : https://github.com/xbmc-imx6/xbmc/pull/43
(2014-03-14, 18:20)johnc32779 Wrote: Also so far the log file didn't provide any clues as to the why the screen/mouse froze.

Hi John,

I have just tested again the same image I have shared on my own wandboard and it works fine...

Can you confirm your HDMI screen is 1080p ?
could you try to remove you usb hub ?
Ideally could you try to command xbmc by http (enable it in settings) by browser or by an app such as yatse ?
If you have another power supply, it may deserve a test

At last, when the issue occurs can you issue a dmesg command please ?

Stephan
(2014-03-15, 03:22)Koying Wrote: No hardware decoder that I know does hi10p. It's really just a matter of avoiding the "black video" syndrome...

Yes and wolfgar's PR does gives a video screen now but 90% cpu on a dual core giving 2Mbs. It's not a format that interests me but it's much better than a blank screen.

Martin
Very small test files using build before Stephan's /pull/43:

msmpeg4 v3 doesn't work: http://www.am-soft.ru/kitty1.avi (from here: http://www.am-soft.ru/aviedit_lm.html)

msmpeg4 v2 works fine: http://animatordv.com/movies/kasimir.avi (from here: http://animatordv.com/download_movies.php)
Hi,

Wondering if this is a known issue or if it is particular to my environment.

When I turn off the HDMI monitor and turn it back on, the HDMI monitor thinks it should be in 640x480@60 mode, while the wandboard xbmc box is still outputting 1080p@60. So the image is all wonky. It is 100% reproducible, happens every time I turn off the TV. If I (nearly blindly) navigate to System->Settings->System->Video output->Resolution and change the resolution to something else, things get corrected. So my guess would be that hot-plug events from the HDMI monitor are not being responded to and the proper communication is not taking place when the monitor is powered up.

I've tried this on a couple of wolfgar's images and a self-built image based on wolfgar's latest git.

There are no special messages in the xbmc log when this happens.

Also, has anyone confirmed whether HD audio works? I have tried DTS-HD and TrueHD and I only get static.
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[i.MX6] XBMC running on Freescale SoC's4