• 35(current)
[i.MX6] XBMC running on Freescale SoC's
(2014-03-15, 20:24)JohnAStebbins Wrote: Also, has anyone confirmed whether HD audio works? I have tried DTS-HD and TrueHD and I only get static.

I get noise too but if you try aplay on the 3.10 kernel there is certainly hope

> 14:45:09 T:1969623040 NOTICE: m_dataFormats :
> AE_FMT_LPCM,AE_FMT_DTSHD,AE_FMT_TRUEHD,AE_FMT_EAC3,AE_FMT_DTS,AE_FMT_AC3,AE_FMT_AAC,AE_FMT_S16NE,AE_FMT_S16LE

Martin
Can anyone give a try at hd audio on cuboxi + 3.10 kernel (for instance with geexbox image) ?
Stephan
Stéphan my comments and the aplay formats are about from the 3.10 kernel with GeekBox and xbmc-imx5 Rudi said I'd look at it when he got back.

Martin
@Martin
Ho ok I get it : it may work but you are hit by the bad 24bits alignment ...
This is a very good news as it would mean proper passthrough hd audio is very close indeed...
Hi, I have installed the latest geexbox r16981 - which incorporates many of your changes.

MSMPEG4v3 - working fine.

VC-1 - Strange behavior. Using this test file: http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/530...dplus-5-1/
- Drops 100 frames in first few seconds
- 'o' button then shows no more frame drops or skips for the rest of the file
- CPU usage is about 30%
- Sound is ok
- But the pictures is jerky, like skipping frames, but they are not being reported

Hi10P
- Good that black screen is now gone, and picture is showing.
- Dropping frames, and they are being reported.
- CPU usage at 80%
Hi joelbaby,

For VC1, the fix comes in2 parts : A first performance issue has been addressed. It still needs a proper dts handling to get a good definitive experience.
If you want to play with experimental stuff, you can apply this commit : https://github.com/xbmc-imx6/xbmc/commit...5ffed43215 for instance and give it a new try

For Hi10P, unfortunately yes sw decoding is not able to always cope well with the demanding codec... Have you enabled multithreaded decoding (it may helped, I have not tried myself..) ?

Stephan
Je ne sais pas comment construire ce Logiciel sur mon ordinateur, mais il ne faut pas dire a personne.
"...il ne faut le dire à personne."

We don't do double-negations in French Wink
Ok, Ok... getting back to XBMC ..

Can the other video scaling methods be enabled for imx6?

Spline36
Lanczos2
Lanczos3
what i.mx6 quad is suggested to buy ? (wandbord,cubox-i..)

BHH
HDConvertToX, AutoMKV, AutoMen author
(2014-03-19, 16:14)joelbaby Wrote: Can the other video scaling methods be enabled for imx6?
I don't think so. Scaling (actually, projection) is done inside EGL, now, and we have no control on that afaik.
(2014-03-22, 11:53)buzzqw Wrote: what i.mx6 quad is suggested to buy ? (wandbord,cubox-i..)

There is a better thread for this question http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=172726 outside the Developers forum. For XBMC only you probably should ask if you even need a quad.

Edit: I understand that is a Cuboxi thread but it is still better than this one.

Martin
thanks emveepee.

BHH
HDConvertToX, AutoMKV, AutoMen author
(2014-03-16, 00:36)wolfgar Wrote: @Martin
Ho ok I get it : it may work but you are hit by the bad 24bits alignment ...
This is a very good news as it would mean proper passthrough hd audio is very close indeed...

Any news on this ?
For me this is the last thing preventing Cubox from being the very best mini HTPC money can buy, can't wait Wink
1579e85d88 - Really great state guys, I do really appreciate! :-)
Thanks a lot to all ouf you!
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[i.MX6] XBMC running on Freescale SoC's4