Easily switch Audio Output Device
I've done a considerable amount of searching and haven't found a solution to my problem as of yet.

I have a very basic xbmc setup running Frodo on Windows 7. Most of the time I output audio through a basic set of computer speakers, but occasionally I use a wireless headset and am looking for a quick way to switch between the two audio output devices under system settings without actually going in to system settings each time I use my headset.

I have found Audioswitch which is a great little program and does exactly what I'm looking for outside of xbmc with a hot key, but still requires that I change the audio output device within xbmc's system settings. If I could use this tool and force xbmc to use windows default audio device that would be perfect. Being able to map a key within xbmc to change the audio output device would also work and I've found a way to map a key to change the audio output between analog, hdmi, and optical, but nothing to switch the actual output device. I'm also using eventghost if that would provide a means to make this work as well.

I've also seen where it could be done by setting up a second profile within xbmc, but I would prefer a simpler more streamlined solution.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Messages In This Thread
Easily switch Audio Output Device - by Nckchris - 2013-04-08, 02:33
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Easily switch Audio Output Device0