Scraping issue when replacing movies with same name
SO i have this issue that seems to have been appearing since eden. My setup is an ATV2, with the latest frodo running SMB from a mac mini on an external firewire 800 HD all hard wired. My movie folders are organized perfectly, with fanart posters and NFO files along with the movie and srt subtitle tracks in each movies own folder. From time to time, i upgrade older movies or replace ones or something similiar, with the same file name. So for example: Maybe i have a bad copy of the dictator. So my file name is The Dictator (2012).mp4. This is scraped into XBMC fine and runs normally. Then months later i get a better copy of the movie and just copy and replace the old file with the same name but better quality The Dictator (2012).mp4. Once ive done this, XBMC messes up. It no longer will scrape this movie along with other movies ive added since i copied the file using the universal scraper. Using video>>files i can see the movies that havent been scraped...i check them for info and XBMC comes back with NO info Found.

Now ive tried various combinations of trying XBMC to start reading correctly again. Removed the source, edited the source, cleaned the library. Nothing seems to kick start the scraper again. I typically have to reinstall and scrape fresh.

this happen to anyone else? any suggestions?
I don't understand. If you've scraped it and then replace the file with an identical name then you shouldn't even need to rescrape/refresh it.

In any case, we need a debug log (wiki) to see what's going on in XBMC.
Refresh it is the way to go (for pickup the resolution and audio metadata) imo.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2013-04-09, 11:39)Memphiz Wrote: Refresh it is the way to go (for pickup the resolution and audio metadata) imo.

Sure, but those also get updated when the movie is played back (I just tested to double check, since I actually wasn't sure..). Granted, a refresh shouldn't have any issue and there's no reason not to do one.
K - didn't know that.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
so ive figured out a bit of what happens, and im not sure if has anything to do with replacing a movie with the same name but ive found when the ATV2 doesnt have any more space it wont perform any XBMC functions. As in, it wont scrape new movies. it wont remember the last played spot of a movie in progress. it wont mark a movie as watched, it even wont find any new fanart online. IM not sure how its all related but after clearing the cache all the movies loaded back in fine.
Where should it remember and save all that stuff if there is no space left? Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraping issue when replacing movies with same name0