Android AIOS HD Media Center
Team,

I am looking for a cheap Android or Linux set-up-box that can run XBMC and play 1080p movies supporting SPDIF/Optical output Doby/DTS.

Did some one have a chance to test Pivos AIOS HD Media Center, running XBMC playing 1080p file, using SPDIG/Optical output to your home audio receiver? I guess the box and software needs to allow us to configure audio passthrough, right?

I also found the MINIX NEO X5, not sure who offers the best hardware and software support for the above need.

Last question, from someone that never used Android devices, can I mount a network drive using AFP (Apple Filing Protocol) on those Android Box runing XBMC? The reason I ask this is because my movie library is stored on a TimeCapsule.

Thanks for all your help! Looking forward to continue to see improvements on XBMC for Android.

Regards,
HC
AIOS doesn't run linux or Android, and thus can't run XBMC. The Pivos XIOS can, but not the AIOS.

For what works and what doesn't work, just take a look around the threads here. Lots of people have reported how well XBMC does or doesn't work on a number of devices. The best advice right now is to only buy something where you can get trustworthy confirmation that XBMC runs well on it. There are still a lot of devices that have touchy support right now, so be sure before you buy.

AFP works on anything that runs XBMC, but I would avoid using it. The AFP client library that we use in XBMC is very buggy, and the developer who made that code library no longer updates it. We're going to be replacing the AFP client inside of XBMC with a better one, but there's no ETA on that. However, the TimeCapsule also supports SMB, and that should work as well.
(2013-04-11, 00:29)Ned Scott Wrote: AIOS doesn't run linux or Android, and thus can't run XBMC. The Pivos XIOS can, but not the AIOS.

For what works and what doesn't work, just take a look around the threads here. Lots of people have reported how well XBMC does or doesn't work on a number of devices. The best advice right now is to only buy something where you can get trustworthy confirmation that XBMC runs well on it. There are still a lot of devices that have touchy support right now, so be sure before you buy.

AFP works on anything that runs XBMC, but I would avoid using it. The AFP client library that we use in XBMC is very buggy, and the developer who made that code library no longer updates it. We're going to be replacing the AFP client inside of XBMC with a better one, but there's no ETA on that. However, the TimeCapsule also supports SMB, and that should work as well.

Ned Scott, thanks for your reply.

As I need a SPDIF/Optical output and Pivos XIOS doesn't have one. I started to look at Minix NEO X5. What do you say about it?
I am following their forum, developing have been active. Looks like we will see new Android release soon. And they are working on SPDIF passthrough already. What do say about it?

Thanks,
HC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AIOS HD Media Center0