• 5(current)
Gigabyte Brix looks like a winner
How is the performance of this? does the i3 with Intel hd4000 graphics do well ? i was planning to build my on micro atx machine with an i3 but then i saw this, it will be more expensive but it does look great.
I'm loving mine, seems to run as smooth as silk with heavy skins and playback for the most part is good. Only thing I've noticed is dropped frames every now and then but I guess that's a fairly common thing from what I've been reading. The bios is pretty plain and I've yet to figure out how to get the wol working. I've also seen a thread somewhere saying the wireless module doesn't work but as I've got mine hard wired I can't comment.
Available in Canada at Memory Express: 319.99, 419.99, and 569.99
Got myself a mini display to hdmi cable so can watch my media on either the tv or pj depending on the material.
Bought the i7 version yesterday.

Installed OpenElec Intel Version/Intel Generic No Audio and would not pick up my IR receiver which works perfectly with the Raspberry Pi.

Installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. XBMC worked fine but will not scrap TV Series.

Nuked Windows 7 installed Windows 8 still same issue with XBMC will not scrap TV Series. The TVDB is up I have WDTV Hub Gen which uses TVDB to rename files and it still works. So it is specific to XBMC.

What to try next UbuntuXBMC ? At this point it is living up to it's name a Brick.

On a brighter note OpenElec, Windows 7, Windows 8 with 1600 Movies in the library this Brick motors along. As fast as I can click it will switch images and load movies off the network with ease.

I will probably create a new topic hopefully someone has a few idea that I can try so far I have had no luck.
Inability to scrape has nothing to do with the hardware unless you're not connected to the internet. You can try openelec on a flash drive without disturbing your windows install.
I knew it wasn't a hardware issue unless it had to do with network.

Movies scrap just fine, it is only TV that will not even try. The logs don't show no connection or unable to contact server.

I also tried v12.1 for Windows just to see if maybe it was a defect. But, same results.

I am running Openelec now but that is not scraping either now. But, I did figure out the Audio issue. Don't enable DTS or TrueHD if you TV can't handle it Smile Slowly learning...now if I can get the remote to work and not have it drop the keyboard and mouse each time it reboots that would be great.

Maybe it will sort it's self out, or I get luck and switch the correct switch.
My harmony works fine with the receiver I got with a media remote I bought from Amazon.
So I finally figured out why they were not scrapping my TV, it was my directory structure.

d:/TV/Active Series/Breaking Bad

In this case I had added TV as my directory Breaking Bad was too deep in only scraps from one level down. So I removed TV and added Active Series, Tada it starts scraping.
Due to the lack of interest and none feedback in this topic you can say that there isn't much interest in those Intel products (wether i3, Celeron or Atom) at their price point while the form factor is attractive.
Or the Intel NUC made it so easy for htpc users?

Wait for the change once Kabini Brix hit the market ;-)
Kabini brix looks very interesting. Waiting to see the final price. =D
[Xgimi Z6 Polar]
[Xiaomi Mi Box]
[Raspberry Pi 3 B]
(2013-08-25, 14:37)Robotica Wrote: Due to the lack of interest and none feedback in this topic you can say that there isn't much interest in those Intel products (wether i3, Celeron or Atom) at their price point while the form factor is attractive.

I've got a Celeron Brix (1.8ghz 1037u). Really love it. It's almost identical to the Intel NUC though with a faster and more recent Celeron processor.
(2013-08-28, 14:10)grantonstar Wrote:
(2013-08-25, 14:37)Robotica Wrote: Due to the lack of interest and none feedback in this topic you can say that there isn't much interest in those Intel products (wether i3, Celeron or Atom) at their price point while the form factor is attractive.

I've got a Celeron Brix (1.8ghz 1037u). Really love it. It's almost identical to the Intel NUC though with a faster and more recent Celeron processor.

Yes, gigabyte offers newer processors (at least i3 and celeron) and usb3, wifi and a power cable for a similar price to the Intel nuc. And those boxes are available all over Europe..

Strange that this topic isn't filled with happy users while the Intel NUC topic is huge.

PS. Any info on the GPU? The specs just say 'Intel HD'?
So this thing here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gigabyte-GB-XM14...words=brix

1) Is the graphics card ok for XBMC?
2) What else would I need to get XBMC on it? Just a USB Key?
3) Why the hell aren't these thing more popular?
1) Yes, for everything up to SBS 3D. No for full 3D.
2) A usb drive for Openelec.
3) No idea. I think the NUC kind of took over as the first mover. Celeron version of the brix not available in US.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gigabyte Brix looks like a winner2