• 8(current)
Gigabyte Brix looks like a winner
(2013-09-13, 01:51)lukasnmd Wrote:
(2013-09-12, 16:46)ashlar Wrote: I beg to differ. If you can manage to get high performance in a small enclosure without it sounding like an helicopter I say go for it!

The smaller they get the closer they look to an appliance, in my opinion. Considering I have a Silverstone LC17...
Would you pay SO MUCH MORE for this? Would you buy one for one purpose only and doesnt think that you're wasting money just to have a tiny device? I want a tiny device, doesnt need to be an i7, an i3 capable of 1080p, web surfing, and xbmc its enough for me, I have a server for more heavy duties. And who doesnt have a server? Ok, then I think they should buy a normal pc with upgrade options AND a tiny PC.

(2013-09-12, 22:05)jammyb Wrote: http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2013/09/this-ga...s-a-punch/

Ok, I got it. Nice device btw. But between new iris pro and gt650m, I prefer nvidia's solution, if possible.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/09/12/gigab...gaming-pc/
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

(2013-09-13, 05:49)jammyb Wrote: http://www.engadget.com/2013/09/12/gigab...gaming-pc/

Nice. But the only benefit I see is a portable option to a gaming pc.

On the coments:
"stickbo
Dude the iris pro isn't even close to gtx600 series dedicated cards. It is a big step forward in integrated graphics but still a far cry from even a mid range dedicated card.

MiguelAngelGimenez
@stickbo Do you have any link?

Bandalo
@MiguelAngelGimenez @stickbo http://www.anandtech.com/show/6993/intel...0hq-tested Here's the Iris Pro getting beat by the Nvidia 650...

jauffins
Intel themselves have compared the Iris Pro with a GeForce 650m.

stickbo
Which is lightyears away from the gtx600 dedicated cards.

MiguelAngelGimenez
@Bandalo @MiguelAngelGimenez @stickbo Thanks, this is the important stuff we want to read before purchasing a gaming PC. You literally saved me from purchasing a system that won't be able to play games at high settings.

Bandalo 5 hours ago
@MiguelAngelGimenez @Bandalo @stickbo Glad to help. This is a very nice box for what it is, but it's not going to compete with a full-on gaming computer."

And I agree...
[Xgimi Z6 Polar]
[Xiaomi Mi Box]
[Raspberry Pi 3 B]
Hi.

I am looking at getting a Biostar NM70I-1037U that comes with Dual-core Celeron 1037U processor (1.8GHz) and Intel HD graphics. I will shove 4GB of RAM in as well. Do you think this will be enough to run XBMC smoothly (iPlayer, You Tube etc) in a Windows XP environment?

Cheers.
Start you're own thread bud. This is discussion on the gigabyte brix.

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Tongue 
(2013-09-22, 14:05)jammyb Wrote: Start you're own thread bud. This is discussion on the gigabyte brix.

He is punk, do I need to say something else? Rofl

I was joking. =D
[Xgimi Z6 Polar]
[Xiaomi Mi Box]
[Raspberry Pi 3 B]
so i just got the gb brix with intel celeron... will hook that badboy up today when i get home from work.
installed openelec on the box... all works perfect except some audio clicking from time to time
Nice I tried to install openelec on mine but there were too many issues, Audio, Remote, USB...
Hi guys, been looking at the NUC for a while now but the Brix has caught my attention at around £140 for the celeron chip. Does this perform well with Xbmc and a variety of skins or should I look at an i3 version? Don't really want to spend that much but do want a new xbmc box asap
Would the Zotac ID18 be an alternative to the Celeron Brix? Currently ebuyer have it for £99 - with good reviews.
(2014-01-23, 15:16)richiebrowns Wrote: Would the Zotac ID18 be an alternative to the Celeron Brix? Currently ebuyer have it for £99 - with good reviews.

£95 at CCL

And it has a Celeron 1007 which should work well with openelec as I use a 847 on openelec and it works well
Has anyone got the new Haswell Brix yet, if so, what is it like with XBMC - any problems etc?

Cheers Smile
(2014-02-05, 11:36)wayneunique Wrote: Has anyone got the new Haswell Brix yet, if so, what is it like with XBMC - any problems etc?

Cheers Smile

I just ordered one "Gigabyte Brix Barebone GB-BXi7-4500U 1,8 - 3,0 GHz " so the new i7 Haswell .
I will see how it is behaving, normally should handle quite well PLEX and XBMC...
Was about to ask. How many people actually bought one of these "winners"Huh

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

(2014-02-18, 22:10)jammyb Wrote: Was about to ask. How many people actually bought one of these "winners"Huh

kinda curios to. i own a nuc myself, but it strange that the brix hasnt gotten more attention. it looks nice and hardware vise its about the same as the nuc.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gigabyte Brix looks like a winner2