• 22(current)
Release Janitor
I pushed a new version to Github that is supposed to fix the unicode issues for good. I would love some feedback before I release a new version to the Kodi repo.
Still does not work for me, the error is now:

ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>
Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 1895: ordinal not in range(128)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\****\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.service.janitor\default.py", line 641, in <module>
results, return_status = cleaner.clean_all()
File "C:\Users\****\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.service.janitor\default.py", line 227, in clean_all
cleaned_files, count, status = self.clean(video_type)
File "C:\Users\****\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.service.janitor\default.py", line 136, in clean
expired_videos = self.get_expired_videos(video_type)
File "C:\Users\****\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.service.janitor\default.py", line 338, in get_expired_videos
debug(u"[{0}] Response: {1}".format(self.methods[option], response))
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 1895: ordinal not in range(128)
-->End of Python script error report<--
Thanks for the update. It appears I missed that one. Could you please post the entire log so I know what exactly causes the issue? Just put it on pastebin and put the link here. Thanks!
No problem and thanks for looking into it, this would be really useful for me if I can get it working.

Debug enabled in janitor but not in Kodi: https://pastebin.com/44XxMPKj

Let me know if you need debug on there also.
That's strange, I would have expected some DEBUG lines too, like:
21:07:54.127 T:27876 DEBUG: something something....
Could you try with debug in Kodi on too?
Ok, the debug in janitor seems to be only for notifications, oops. The log contains a lot video scanner info that would be a pain to retract, so hopefully this is the relevant part: https://pastebin.com/SeZgAGr7

It seems to me the folder "Säilytys" is still the problem.
I think so too. Could you try changing line 339 from

PHP Code:
debug(u"[{0}] Response: {1}".format(self.methods[option], response)) 

to

PHP Code:
debug(u"[{0}] Response: {1}".format(self.methods[option], response.decode("utf-8"))) 

and report back if that solves the issue please?
That made some progress, it started to move files but the exclusions wont work now.
Okay progress is good. Would you mind creating another debug log for me?
Ok, I hope this is the relevant part, the whole log is huge and messy.

Quote:09:58:40.407 T:11296   DEBUG: Janitor: JSON Response: {u'episodes': [{u'showtitle': u'Babylon 5', u'episodeid': 211, u'file': u'smb://192.168.0.2/NAS/Media/Sarjat/S\xe4ilytys/Babylon 5/Season 1/S01E20.mkv', u'label': u'1x20. Babylon Squared'}, {u'showtitle': u'Babylon 5', u'episodeid': 212, u'file': u'smb://192.168.0.2/NAS/Media/Sarjat/S\xe4ilytys/Babylon 5/Season 1/S01E21.mkv', u'label': u'1x21. The Quality of Mercy'}, {u'showtitle': u'Babylon 5', u'episodeid': 213, u'file':

I have smb://192.168.0.2/NAS/Media/Sarjat/Säilytys excluded, but janitor sees the path as smb://192.168.0.2/NAS/Media/Sarjat/S\xe4ilytys

But only in some parts, few lines below shows this:

Quote:9:58:40.423 T:11296   DEBUG: Janitor: Unstacking smb://192.168.0.2/NAS/Media/Sarjat/Säilytys/Babylon 5/Season 1/S01E20.mkv is not needed.
09:58:40.443 T:11296   DEBUG: Janitor: Not checking for hard links.
09:58:40.444 T:11296   DEBUG: Janitor: Unstacking smb://192.168.0.2/NAS/Media/Sarjat/Säilytys/Babylon 5/Season 1/S01E20.mkv is not needed.
09:58:40.445 T:11296   DEBUG: Janitor: Attempting to move smb://192.168.0.2/NAS/Media/Sarjat/Säilytys/Babylon 5/Season 1/S01E20.mkv to Z:\Data\Media_Poisto\Babylon 5.
09:58:40.497 T:11296   DEBUG: Janitor: Created destination Z:\Data\Media_Poisto\Babylon 5.
09:58:40.517 T:11296   DEBUG: Janitor: Moving smb://192.168.0.2/NAS/Media/Sarjat/Säilytys/Babylon 5/Season 1/S01E20.mkv to Z:\Data\Media_Poisto\Babylon 5\S01E20.mkv.

So it's partly working but something still needs changing.
The difference in paths is not a bug. It's due to the way unicode works. I don't see an error in the log you posted. I think you cut it out. Please upload the log unmodified to pastebin or similar and I'll try to find the error and hopefully fix it.
I sent a link via PM, too lazy to retract that huge thing.
I finally found some time to go through the log file. To me it looks like everything is working correctly. I see no more stack traces or mentions of errors while cleaning. I did notice however that you shutdown Kodi before the cleaning was complete. I see that your settings match 178 videos that are going to be moved. Are you sure you're not giving up too soon? Moving that many videos from 192.168.0.2 to Z:\ takes some time if those are not the same machine. Also I would recommend that you set up the holding folder using SMB as well, which may speed things up a bit.
The problem is that it starts to move files that are supposed to be excluded, that is why I stop it. The time it takes to move is not a problem if the exlusions would work. Also Z: is on the server, it's a pooled virtual drive.

Edit: And to clarify, smb://192.168.0.2/NAS/Media/Sarjat/Säilytys is exluded, yet it start to move episodes from Babylon 5:

DEBUG: Janitor: Moving smb://192.168.0.2/NAS/Media/Sarjat/Säilytys/Babylon 5/Season 1/S01E20.mkv to Z:\Data\Media_Poisto\Babylon 5\S01E20.mkv.
It is not possible to move files to a windows smb share because the filename contains a ':'  colon in the name.

is it possible to change it when expired moving?  i.e. "Pirates : Some movie" to "Pirates - Some movie"
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Janitor4