• 5(current)
Release Janitor
I love this addon!
My primary use is to get watched tv eps removed. Then sickbeard stops trying to get me a better version for episodes I've already watched because they are removed and automatically set to skipped or ignored in sickbeard (i set download hdtv for primary and til 1080p br rip for archiving). So when I don't watch the ep sickbeard still keeps getting the best version.

A request I have:

Can you add a option to remove the movie trailer in the folder too?
Or do I just have to add .mov and .mp4 to "ignore extensions" and the folder will be removed?
*-trailer.mov would be more safe I think?

And if I have subfolders in the movie folder, will they be removed too?

Example folder:

Code:
e:\vids\movies\Beaver,.The.(2011)\extrafanart
e:\vids\movies\Beaver,.The.(2011)\extrathumbs
e:\vids\movies\Beaver,.The.(2011)\The.Beaver.1080P.dts-fanart.jpg
e:\vids\movies\Beaver,.The.(2011)\The.Beaver.1080P.dts-poster.jpg
e:\vids\movies\Beaver,.The.(2011)\The.Beaver.1080P.dts-trailer.mov
e:\vids\movies\Beaver,.The.(2011)\The.Beaver.1080P.dts.info
e:\vids\movies\Beaver,.The.(2011)\The.Beaver.1080P.dts.nfo
e:\vids\movies\Beaver,.The.(2011)\The.Beaver.1080P.dts.orig.nfo
e:\vids\movies\Beaver,.The.(2011)\The.Beaver.1080P.dts.tbn
e:\vids\movies\Beaver,.The.(2011)\extrafanart\25N8mXwr6E7DkxAjBvUlpwsdZPa.jpg
e:\vids\movies\Beaver,.The.(2011)\extrafanart\2YCpd1e7shP092v6oAsjo0H8W4X.jpg
e:\vids\movies\Beaver,.The.(2011)\extrafanart\cbEDtWCFs1wJ5w9waTC7fm1obAj.jpg
e:\vids\movies\Beaver,.The.(2011)\extrafanart\kICjUEimpqrDEWcU7e0y9EZ3kI5.jpg
e:\vids\movies\Beaver,.The.(2011)\extrafanart\u9fc1xGJzQg0OHafDBtNJtY45KH.jpg
e:\vids\movies\Beaver,.The.(2011)\extrathumbs\thumb1.jpg
e:\vids\movies\Beaver,.The.(2011)\extrathumbs\thumb2.jpg
e:\vids\movies\Beaver,.The.(2011)\extrathumbs\thumb3.jpg
e:\vids\movies\Beaver,.The.(2011)\extrathumbs\thumb4.jpg

(movie was already cleaned)

And is it safe to have this "remove empty folders" enabled for tv folder setups?
What if I have watched all episodes in the season folders?
Does it remove the season folder?
Does it remove the tv series folder too?

Example setup:

Code:
d:\vids\tv\Anger Management\banner.jpg
d:\vids\tv\Anger Management\clearart.png
d:\vids\tv\Anger Management\clearlogo.png
d:\vids\tv\Anger Management\extrafanart
d:\vids\tv\Anger Management\fanart.jpg
d:\vids\tv\Anger Management\folder.jpg
d:\vids\tv\Anger Management\landscape.jpg
d:\vids\tv\Anger Management\logo.png
d:\vids\tv\Anger Management\poster.jpg
d:\vids\tv\Anger Management\Season 02
d:\vids\tv\Anger Management\season01-banner.jpg
d:\vids\tv\Anger Management\season01-poster.jpg
d:\vids\tv\Anger Management\season01.tbn
d:\vids\tv\Anger Management\season02-poster.jpg
d:\vids\tv\Anger Management\season02.tbn
d:\vids\tv\Anger Management\season1-banner.jpg
d:\vids\tv\Anger Management\season1-landscape.jpg
d:\vids\tv\Anger Management\season1-poster.jpg
d:\vids\tv\Anger Management\tvshow.nfo
d:\vids\tv\Anger Management\extrafanart\914619.jpg
d:\vids\tv\Anger Management\extrafanart\914633.jpg
d:\vids\tv\Anger Management\extrafanart\914675.jpg
d:\vids\tv\Anger Management\extrafanart\914681.jpg
d:\vids\tv\Anger Management\extrafanart\914712.jpg
d:\vids\tv\Anger Management\extrafanart\938223.jpg
d:\vids\tv\Anger Management\Season 02\Anger Management - 2x18 - Charlie and the Break-Up Coach - 720p WEB-DL.nfo
d:\vids\tv\Anger Management\Season 02\Anger Management - 2x18 - Charlie and the Break-Up Coach - 720p WEB-DL.tbn
d:\vids\tv\Anger Management\Season 02\Anger Management - 2x19 - Charlie, Kate and Jen Get Romantic - 720p WEB-DL.nfo
d:\vids\tv\Anger Management\Season 02\Anger Management - 2x19 - Charlie, Kate and Jen Get Romantic - 720p WEB-DL.tbn
d:\vids\tv\Anger Management\Season 02\Anger Management - 2x21 - Charlie and his New Therapist - 720p WEB-DL.nfo
d:\vids\tv\Anger Management\Season 02\Anger Management - 2x21 - Charlie and his New Therapist - 720p WEB-DL.tbn
d:\vids\tv\Anger Management\Season 02\Anger Management - 2x23 - Charlie & the Secret Gigolo - HD TV.nfo
d:\vids\tv\Anger Management\Season 02\Anger Management - 2x23 - Charlie & the Secret Gigolo - HD TV.tbn
d:\vids\tv\Anger Management\Season 02\Anger Management - 2x30 - Charlie and the Virgin - 720p WEB-DL.mkv
Thank you for your feedback. Removal of trailers seems like a very nice thing to have. Personally I don't download trailers, so I don't know the naming conventions exactly. Once I know that I have to think about a way to implement it. It could be either via a new setting, or the empty folders behavior could be changed a bit. I would definitely not recommend adding .mp4 to the ignored extensions, since most WEB-DLs are released in mp4 format and will then be deleted without warning.

Subfolders will also be removed, as long as there are only ignored file types there or the folder is empty. This is true also for TV shows. I recommend you use season folders, as you already do, which will get deleted when all videos have been deleted and there are only ignored file types left. The benefit of using season folders is that only the season folder itself is deleted, but not the TV show folder. This means Sick Beard can still use this folder and keeps downloading new episodes.
Thanks for the work on the addon ( and the ability to move instead of delete! - it's saved me a few times).
It does a great job of clearing out the .strm files I use with an addon. I have a few movies I'd like to keep after watching all with the flv extension. I've tried to add this extension to the ignore list but the still get removed.
Is there a way to keep specific files or have I misunderstood the ignore files section.

Thanks

Edit - just found your GitHub with the exclusions feature - just what I was after thanks - Smile
I'm glad you like it, thanks for your feedback. The exclusion branch is indeed what you were looking for. I think it is almost ready to be merged with the master, so if you encounter any bugs please post them here or on Github.

The ignore files option, for your reference, is used when detecting if folders are empty or not. If an extension is found that is on the ignore list, the folder will still be considered empty and be deleted. Any non-ignored files will mark the folder as non-empty and prevent deletion.
Ok, I understand the ignore files bit now, I thought I was on the wrong track when it only activated when you enabled the delete folders option.

The exclusion feature seems to be working great.

The only other feedback would be an option to just check once a day or to expand the checking time so it's less frequent. It's a powerful addon, but I'm having problems watching films fast enough for it to rescan Smile
Good to hear the exclusions are working out for you. Regarding the frequency, there is an option for that too. You can set it to scan at most once every two hours via the Timing section in the addon settings. Keep in mind that it will only delete something once XBMC reports it as watched. If no watched videos are found, it will just sleep until the next interval and not use up resources.
Yeah I found the frequency setting, I was thinking its too short at 2 hours and here's why - on the raspberry pi, it really slows down the UI when it's searching through all the files, and because you want it to clean the library when it's done, you don't want it to do that while you are watching something (to avoid the cleaning library bar showing) so I've set it not to scan while watching stuff. What it does with these settings, is kick in when once you've finished viewing something , and browsing the menus - exactly the time when you don't want. I was thinking a once a day setting would be prefect - having a few watched movies and TV shows around for a day before they are cleaned is fine.

I had a little poke around in the settings and changed my frequency value to 1440 which is working great now, when I turn it on each day, it fires up the addon , cleans what it needs, and then the UI has full access - a bit like the 'update library on startup' feature in the settings. Smile
Thanks for your detailed explanation. I see that it might cause problems on RPi systems because of the very limited resources. I am planning to increase the maximum on the interval setting you can choose from to 1440 so you won't have to resort to these kinds of 'hacks', although I think it may be better to have an option that starts a single run, for example at boot time. I have already created an issue on GitHub that indicates this wish, but I haven't gotten around to implementing it yet as it seems like a lot of work is needed. For now I think it's best to just increase the maximum interval from 120 to 1440, which I will do before submitting the new version to the XBMC repo.
Is it possible cleaner would delete/move files tagged from Xbmc? Let's say I would create tag "todelete" and manually tag movies I want to delete. I would also want to call script instead of delete command, would it be possible?
I think that would be possible, however I have zero knowledge of tags withing XBMC. If you could give me a few hints in the right direction I'm sure I could implement this someday. Don't expect it to happen soon though, as my plate is already quite full the next few months.

Using a script will probably cause a whole lot of issues with the way things currently work, but it might be possible. Again, don't expect it to happen soon.
Don't hurry, I even don't know how to manually add tag, but I've read it's possible (maybe skin dependent).
Script could make something on tagged movies, but know it seems as it could be new different plugin.
(2013-09-15, 14:49)Anthirian Wrote: Thanks for your detailed explanation. I see that it might cause problems on RPi systems because of the very limited resources. I am planning to increase the maximum on the interval setting you can choose from to 1440 so you won't have to resort to these kinds of 'hacks', although I think it may be better to have an option that starts a single run, for example at boot time. I have already created an issue on GitHub that indicates this wish, but I haven't gotten around to implementing it yet as it seems like a lot of work is needed. For now I think it's best to just increase the maximum interval from 120 to 1440, which I will do before submitting the new version to the XBMC repo.

Thanks - definitely a RPI issue over one with your addon , where I guess it's not even noticeable on a better system. While the single run would be an option in a perfect world - your 1440 inc solution has the same effect without any extra work. You could even have options for weekly or monthly clean outs, depending on user use. Very happy with this tho, thanks for the work, I was trying to remember how I removed my movies before using it. Manually trashing them seems so archaic looking back. Smile
Hi,

This was working before, but seem to have a bit of a problem with checking for free space on my SMB share now:

Code:
01:28:23 T:2644  NOTICE: XBMC File Cleaner: Starting cleaning routine
01:28:23 T:2644  NOTICE: XBMC File Cleaner: Checking for disk space on path: smb://BT/D/Finished/
01:28:23 T:2644  NOTICE: XBMC File Cleaner: We are checking disk space from a Windows file system
01:28:23 T:2644  NOTICE: XBMC File Cleaner: The path to check is smb://BT/D/Finished/
01:28:23 T:2644  NOTICE: XBMC File Cleaner: We are dealing with network paths
01:28:23 T:2644  NOTICE: XBMC File Cleaner: Extracting information from share smb://BT/D/Finished/
01:28:23 T:2644   ERROR: XBMC File Cleaner: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'groupdict'

Any ideas?
It appears like the regex I used has broken for you. Do you use login credentials to connect to the BT share?
(2013-09-30, 17:45)Anthirian Wrote: It appears like the regex I used has broken for you. Do you use login credentials to connect to the BT share?

Yes I did, but.. I have changed from running XBMC on Windows to running it on a Raspberry Pi using Openelec, but all my content is on a windows machine

This time I see a slightly different error:

Code:
22:22:38 T:2776704096  NOTICE: XBMC File Cleaner: Starting cleaning routine
22:22:38 T:2776704096  NOTICE: XBMC File Cleaner: Checking for disk space on path: smb://BT/D/
22:22:39 T:2776704096  NOTICE: XBMC File Cleaner: We are checking disk space from a non-Windows file system
22:22:39 T:2776704096  NOTICE: XBMC File Cleaner: Stripping smb://BT/D/ of all redundant stuff.
22:22:39 T:2776704096  NOTICE: XBMC File Cleaner: The path now is smb:/BT/D
22:22:39 T:2776704096   ERROR: XBMC File Cleaner: Could not check disk space. Access denied.
22:22:39 T:2776704096  NOTICE: XBMC File Cleaner: Free space: 100.00%
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Janitor4