• 23(current)
Release Janitor
(2017-10-22, 19:02)IT007 Wrote: The problem is that it starts to move files that are supposed to be excluded, that is why I stop it. The time it takes to move is not a problem if the exlusions would work. Also Z: is on the server, it's a pooled virtual drive.

Edit: And to clarify, smb://192.168.0.2/NAS/Media/Sarjat/Säilytys is exluded, yet it start to move episodes from Babylon 5:

DEBUG: Janitor: Moving smb://192.168.0.2/NAS/Media/Sarjat/Säilytys/Babylon 5/Season 1/S01E20.mkv to Z:\Data\Media_Poisto\Babylon 5\S01E20.mkv.
Aaah I understand now. I think you're right. It seems to have to do with how all strings in the addon now use unicode internally. It appears that the JSON-RPC module within Kodi does not accept this correctly. Could you try this fix for me and tell me if it works? It may also break other things that I don't know about yet, for example the holding folder. In settings.py on line 79 please change:
Code:
return unicode(translatePath(utils.ADDON.getSetting(setting).decode("utf-8")), encoding="utf-8")
to
Code:
return translatePath(utils.ADDON.getSetting(setting).decode("utf-8"))
(2017-10-28, 19:05)85ab50d4 Wrote: It is not possible to move files to a windows smb share because the filename contains a ':'  colon in the name.

is it possible to change it when expired moving?  i.e. "Pirates : Some movie" to "Pirates - Some movie"

Ordinarily Kodi takes care of the types of characters that are allowed in the path. Could you give me a log that shows the error?
(2017-11-06, 19:34)Anthirian Wrote:
(2017-10-22, 19:02)IT007 Wrote: The problem is that it starts to move files that are supposed to be excluded, that is why I stop it. The time it takes to move is not a problem if the exlusions would work. Also Z: is on the server, it's a pooled virtual drive.

Edit: And to clarify, smb://192.168.0.2/NAS/Media/Sarjat/Säilytys is exluded, yet it start to move episodes from Babylon 5:

DEBUG: Janitor: Moving smb://192.168.0.2/NAS/Media/Sarjat/Säilytys/Babylon 5/Season 1/S01E20.mkv to Z:\Data\Media_Poisto\Babylon 5\S01E20.mkv.
Aaah I understand now. I think you're right. It seems to have to do with how all strings in the addon now use unicode internally. It appears that the JSON-RPC module within Kodi does not accept this correctly. Could you try this fix for me and tell me if it works? It may also break other things that I don't know about yet, for example the holding folder. In settings.py on line 79 please change:
Code:
return unicode(translatePath(utils.ADDON.getSetting(setting).decode("utf-8")), encoding="utf-8")
to
Code:
return translatePath(utils.ADDON.getSetting(setting).decode("utf-8"))

Sure, I'll report back once I have the time to test
Sure, thanks in advance.
I made the change, but now it does not see any episodes that need moving.

https://pastebin.com/d1JdENgp
(2017-11-06, 19:35)Anthirian Wrote:
(2017-10-28, 19:05)85ab50d4 Wrote: It is not possible to move files to a windows smb share because the filename contains a ':'  colon in the name.

is it possible to change it when expired moving?  i.e. "Pirates : Some movie" to "Pirates - Some movie"

Ordinarily Kodi takes care of the types of characters that are allowed in the path. Could you give me a log that shows the error? 
 Almost forgot about my issue. Apologies.

I probably did not explain to little. The file are on a windows share. I use libreelec which contains kodi and janitor and I move the files + folder from the media share to another folder which will be cleaned when I need the disk space.

Here's the logfile https://pastebin.com/YFJP395i
hi, thanks for all your work!!! i couldnt find this on the thread, so i was wondering when will you udate janitor to work with leia version of kodi, thanks!

Actually I'm letting Kodi handle the final destination path. Kodi does replacement of illegal characters in filenames already. If what you describe is true I suspect that to be a bug within Kodi, but I can't verify that without debug logs that show the issue.

(2017-12-29, 17:26)Elsmoke Wrote: hi, thanks for all your work!!! i couldnt find this on the thread, so i was wondering when will you udate janitor to work with leia version of kodi, thanks!
You're welcome. Yes I will, but I don't have a lot of spare time at the moment to work on it. It will be updated at some point, though not likely very soon after Leia is released.
Apologies if this has been asked already (I searched every page for "excl"):

Is there a way to add more exclusions than the 5 that are available by default in v4.3.2? I am fine with doing so via text editor if not possible via the GUI.
Hi Anthirian,

Appreciate you are busy but wanted to ask how to debug the logs so I can take a look myself?

Just noticed that one of my boxes hasnt been cleaning for a while and wanted to sit and take a look

Ie:

UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0x91 in position 76: invalid start byte

I have the list of episodes it scanned and the response.

How do I find which file the error is relating to?
I'm using Kodi vs 17.6 (with Transparency! Skin) and tried this add-on with trying several different options in the settings. The add-on doesn't seem to be working for me. I'm totally new to posting here, so can someone help me by telling me how to post logs for this add-on?
I have several watched TV episodes and they don't get moved or deleted. The notification says to change the settings, but I would have thought it would delete more than I wanted, not nothing at all. All files are on my E: drive
Any help here would be appreciated!
@agagnon: Same problem
@Anthirian: it doesn't work in 17.6
Any update on porting  Janitor to Leia? It has been a excellent add-on and desperately need it for Leia also. Just finished cleaning up my library by manually deleting files and it's frustrating.
someone should take over this addon...

I'm looking for a way to debug an exclusion error.. but i'm not finding the Janitor logs.
(2018-09-08, 14:38)arva Wrote: Any update on porting  Janitor to Leia? It has been a excellent add-on and desperately need it for Leia also. Just finished cleaning up my library by manually deleting files and it's frustrating.
I've just updated the addon.xml so the gui version number is increased <import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.13.0" />   and its working fine for me.
KODI Nexus - CoreELEC everywhere on Ugoos AM6 Plus&Pro, Plex Server, HDHomerun with TVHeadend on my NAS.
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Janitor4