• 1(current)
DTS passthrough on Ouya - not currently supported
Has anyone gotten DTS / DTS-HD passthrough working on their Ouya?

If yes, can you describe the XBMC settings?

If not, can a dev comment whether this is something that's under active development?

Thank you.
(2013-04-15, 17:08)Alchete Wrote: Has anyone gotten DTS / DTS-HD passthrough working on their Ouya?

If not, can a dev comment whether this is something that's under active development?

Thank you.
I don't know because I have not received mine yet but if you post on ouyafourm.com, someone there may help you. Not many people have gotten their's yet (lots of anger) so you must be a dev?

(2013-04-15, 17:08)Alchete Wrote: Has anyone gotten DTS / DTS-HD passthrough working on their Ouya?

Thank you.
I don't know because I have not received mine yet but if you post on ouyafourm.com, someone there may help you. Not many people have gotten their's yet (lots of anger) so you must be a dev?
Nothing left in my right brain, Nothing right in my left brain :-P
(2013-04-15, 23:58)lartomar2002 Wrote: I don't know because I have not received mine yet but if you post on ouyafourm.com, someone there may help you. Not many people have gotten their's yet (lots of anger) so you must be a dev?
Yes. People on ouyaforum are reporting that DTS passthrough is not currently working.

And, there seems to be a lot of confusion as to whether or not it's an issue with XBMC & Android, or whether it's a specific issue with the Ouya, or whether the feature just hasn't been implemented yet.

So, hopefully if someone has it working they may comment or an XBMC dev might shed some light on the situation ...
Nobody Kickstarted an Ouya, or can report on the state of Android DTS passthrough? Sad

Does it need licensing?
Does it need development?
Does it need specific hardware support?

I'll report back when my Ouya arrives.
IIRC, things just need to be "hooked up" in software before we're able to access it. I think it's planned, but just lower on the priority list since they're scrambling to get ready for the retail launch. Once it's working on the OS side, XBMC should be able to use it. I think. We actually got to ask them in person about passthrough, but that was a couple of months ago (and we asked them lots of questions :D ).
Thanks Ned. DTS is a key feature so I hope it shows up soon. Keep asking them questions! Smile
Alchete, Other than the passthrough issue you face. How do you find the box ? in terms of navigation, speed and performance ? and how does it perform with plugins installed... is it lacking ? random restart ? memory leak?

Would love to hear some current reviews... Cause i dont believe XBMC will be out with any updates to ouya on lauch (June). Its propperly going to take months, in which case we stuckh with the current install.
nero, my Ouya is scheduled to arrive as one of the pre-orders, so I should have it within a month. With XBMC, I'm looking forward to making it my media player.

I'm bringing up the DTS issue now because others who already have it are reporting the DTS issue, and I'm just being a little proactive. Smile
I got this response on DTS support on a ticket that I opened;

Quote:DTS passthrough is not currently supported on OUYA, though we are evaluating support for this and other multichannel audio decoding solutions for future release on OUYA. Your feedback ensures that our gamers' voices are heard, so we'll certainly take it into consideration as we chart our roadmap.

It's not looking good at the moment. Not sure if future release means an OS update or the next hardware release.
As I only purchased this due to the partnership with XBMC specifically to use as an XBMC box, I can't see me keeping it if DTS isn't working.
Shame.
Anyone hoping to use the Ouya as a media streamer should leave them feedback on the desire for DTS support.

The proper place to leave them feedback is here:

https://ouya.zendesk.com/anonymous_requests/new
Just wanted to confirm this on my unit that I received today.

DTS passthrough does *not* work. :'(
Hi,

Can you let me know if you are successful running 10 bit mkv files on this unit. New anime usually use 10bit encoding and given there are no current hardware support, I was hoping the tegra 3 can at least handle 720p files.
Besides DTS passthru, would you say the machine works fine as a XBMC machine running Aeon Nox skin?

Thanks

Thomas
(2013-04-26, 23:46)turbotan Wrote: Hi,

Can you let me know if you are successful running 10 bit mkv files on this unit. New anime usually use 10bit encoding and given there are no current hardware support, I was hoping the tegra 3 can at least handle 720p files.
Besides DTS passthru, would you say the machine works fine as a XBMC machine running Aeon Nox skin?

Thanks

Thomas

besides DTS passthrough, its a GREAT xbmc device (also running nox). I really like it.

don't watch too much anime. do you happen to have any links to a 10bit mkv that i could try out for you?
Thanks for the info and offer to test it out. It's much appreciated.

This is a normal quality 10 bit 720p file

http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=view&tid=427374

and if you have the bandwidth

Below is a very high quality 10 bit anime show (450meg)

http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=view&tid=426315

Thanks again.

Thomas
10 bit won't work on it or any ARM processor currently out.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DTS passthrough on Ouya - not currently supported1