~1 minute delay when starting XBMC
First off, I'm really sorry for starting a new thread. I detailed the problem in a previous thread, but I've narrowed down the problem since and the previous one seems to have died while my issue persists.

In short: If I have Update Library on Startup enabled in setting, when starting up XBMC, I see the black XBMC splash screen for around 1.5 minutes before the homescreen shows up. If I disable Update Library on Startup XBMC, when started, goes to the home screen nearly instantaneously but if I attempt a manual library update, in the context menu of either TV Shows or Movies, XBMC becomes unresponsive for the same ~1.5 minutes before it "comes back". During the ~1.5 minute unresponsiveness I see the spinning blue circle, I cannot navigate anywhere and XBMC is listed as Unresponsive in the Task Manager. After this ~1.5 minutes, XBMC "comes back", the Library update starts (dialog box in top right corner) and XBMC is listed as Running in Task Manager.

Here are the latest debug logs: http://pastebin.com/XjaYybvM http://pastebin.com/tXUPiFGv

I've notice these 2 lines around what looks like a delay in the log:
Code:
17:17:59 T:400   DEBUG: Thread Jobworker 400 terminating (autodelete)
17:19:07 T:5332  NOTICE: Thread CVideoInfoScanner start, auto delete: false
and
Code:
17:50:00 T:7116   DEBUG: Suspended the Sink
17:51:42 T:8864   DEBUG: ADDON: Starting service addons.
17:51:42 T:8352  NOTICE: Thread CVideoInfoScanner start, auto delete: false
but nobody seems to be able to glean any information from that (at least not to me), just that a delay is clearly present.

I've also noticed that the Library Update goes much slower than it did under Eden but that could be in my head.

This is on a Win7 64bit pc running 12.2 and accessing files on a NAS sharing through NFS with a MySQL db. Every other aspect of XBMC seems to be working splendidly, on this installation and my mac, ATV2 ones. This is driving me crazy. I've blown out my databases and started from scratch 3 times now hoping that "hail mary" would work. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Messages In This Thread
XBMC unresponsive for ~1.5 mins when Update Library starts - by seth.feinberg - 2013-05-08, 05:29
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
~1 minute delay when starting XBMC0