• 4(current)
~1 minute delay when starting XBMC
I had similar issues with Nox under Eden for a while. Not exactly the same, but I would have very very slow response and small lockups for the first 2-3 minutes when loading XBMC. I tracked it down after I started to manually move addons out of the folder and it appeared to be the "randomitems" script just caused massive issues for me.

I now have no issues in Frodo as I believe the way random junk is done is different and I am now upgraded to Win7 with an SSD so it takes only 42 seconds from a cold boot to use XBMC Smile
(2013-05-22, 08:33)phsyraxion Wrote: I had similar issues with Nox under Eden for a while. Not exactly the same, but I would have very very slow response and small lockups for the first 2-3 minutes when loading XBMC. I tracked it down after I started to manually move addons out of the folder and it appeared to be the "randomitems" script just caused massive issues for me.

I now have no issues in Frodo as I believe the way random junk is done is different and I am now upgraded to Win7 with an SSD so it takes only 42 seconds from a cold boot to use XBMC Smile

@phsyraxion, thanks for the input. I did notice a line in one of two of my previous logs mentioning the random items script around when a delay happened but it was very inconsistently showing up and disabling the script did nothing. But, still a great thing to keep an eye out for. I started from a fresh install again and am rebuilding the db as we speak. I "Edited Source" and "Refreshed all paths" for Movies right before I went to bed last night and did the same for TV Shows this morning. I'll test to see if the Update Library still has the delay when I get home.
You still have not shown your sources screenshotted which I asked for above.
(2013-05-22, 19:40)Kibje Wrote: You still have not shown your sources screenshotted which I asked for above.

Yes, I'm sorry, I was planning on doing this tonight after the rebuild was done. What exactly do you want a screenshot of? I'm guessing not the sources.xml file, so the Edit Source dialog box, or...? And will this suffice for my folder structure? For reference, its Movies/<movie-name>/<movie-name>.mkv and TV Shows/<TV-show-name>/season XX/<TV-show-name> - SXXEXX - <episode-title>.mkv
That suffices, it shows me your movienames are not totally conform the recommended setup, but very close- this is pretty good.

I want to see how you set up your movie sources, which scraper and which settings you selected in XBMC.
I would like to see your sources.xml as well.

I might have an idea Smile
(2013-05-22, 22:14)Kibje Wrote: That suffices, it shows me your movienames are not totally conform the recommended setup, but very close- this is pretty good.

I want to see how you set up your movie sources, which scraper and which settings you selected in XBMC.
I would like to see your sources.xml as well.

I might have an idea Smile

Well, I came home and xbmc was done refreshing all my TV Shows. I attempted a manual Update of the Library from the context menu and again witnessed the "freeze" delay. I turned on debugging and ran an manual Update again and again saw the 1-2 minutes freeze/delay. Here's that log: http://pastebin.com/NhEDD7H9. On the plus side, and this could all be in my head, once the Update started it did seem to go faster.

The other things you requested:
sources.xml - http://pastebin.com/ucuh8FCu (I've removed any mention of Music for the time being, xbmc doesn't appear to be able to handle my fairly large music collection)
Screenshots of Movies source: http://imgur.com/yv4bM8t http://imgur.com/CmSHpLk
Screenshots of TV Shows source: http://imgur.com/GsM3HUW http://imgur.com/3o736BC

I tried at one point with the "scan recursively" unchecked, since I've never been able to figure out what that does differently than "Movies are in separate folders that match the movie title" (I guess if the movies aren't labelled the same as the folder) but it didn't make any difference. I'm gonna blow it out again and just add one source at a time with no MySQL unless you have some other idea from this info.

Just out of curiosity, what about my movie names is not totally conforming with the recommended setup? Is it that I've named them the same as the folder name?

And last, but def not least, thanks so much for at the very least taking an interest.

Edit: And for good measure here's a screenshot of my etc/exports on my NAS: http://imgur.com/eD05fzz - I squash all to 501 because that was the only way I could get my ATV2 installation to work. It worked under Eden so I don't think this is the issue, but i'll try anything at this point...
You have movies in source folders that match the moviename and have selected that which is good.
Why do you scan recursively as well ? That will just prolong the scan by going into each and every subfolder. Disable this, it is not needed.
You would only use that if you use a nonrecommended setup with custom folders, or large folders with several movies in them. (also not recommended)

To get correct scrape results when adding new folders, make sure that every foldername is exactly the name of the movie as it is on TMDB.
They seem to be mostly correct but I wonder about '2001_ a space oddity' being correctly identified.
(2013-05-23, 15:02)Kibje Wrote: I wanted to see the way the scrapers for those sources were set up, not the location of the source (I can get that from sources.xml already)
Also, I will be out of the country for the next 3 days, back on monday.

There are two imgur links for each source in my post, I believe the second link has what you want...

Edit: looks like I was writing the above while you were editing yours. I will disable recursive, thanks for the info but doing that didn't stop my issue when I did it last night
It looks like CThumbExtractor (the part of XBMC that extracts thumbs from video) is being killed just before the scanning. Maybe that thread is preventing your scanning job to start.

Please try disabling ' Extract thumbnail and video information' in Settings - Videos - File Lists and try again.

If it still persists - you know the drill - post another log Smile
(2013-05-23, 15:10)seth.feinberg Wrote: Edit: looks like I was writing the above while you were editing yours. I will disable recursive, thanks for the info but doing that didn't stop my issue when I did it last night
I did not expect it to, but it will speed up the actual update itself.
EDIT: i am still going to be out of the country the next 3 days, that part should have been left in Smile
(2013-05-23, 15:02)Kibje Wrote: They seem to be mostly correct but I wonder about '2001_ a space oddity' being correctly identified.

Where do you see that file as being labeled as '2001_ a space oddity'? I just checked my NAS and its labeled correctly as '2001_ A Space Odyssey' but I do remember this being a mistake I found in my naming YEARS ago and am curious if its stuck around somehow through all the db blow outs and start-from-scratches...

I'll disable extract thumbs, to attempt to nail the problem down, but I do really like that feature of XBMC so it'll hurt. Have a great vacay, don't worry about me, I'll just be sitting here in the dark looking at a frozen XBMC screen...crying...no big dealBig Grin
(2013-05-23, 15:27)Kibje Wrote: I did not expect it to, but it will speed up the actual update itself.
EDIT: i am still going to be out of the country the next 3 days, that part should have been left in Smile

Well the advice is more than appreciated. I unchecked "Extract Thumbnail and Video Settings" like you suggested as well but I still witnessed the delay when a Library update was initiated. So I turned on debugging, exited, opened xbmc back up and attempted the Update again. Here's the log: http://pastebin.com/8byPaGCa
@Kibje, Hope you had a great vacay! Still experiencing this problem though, and before you left you teased me with saying you might have had an idea what it was. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
The idea was that it was caused by the 'scan recursive' but this does not seem to be the case.

Could you please do this (just so we have a clear reference of your current settings)

* Screenshot of scraper and sources like you did previously.
* debug log where you restart xbmc, wait 5 minutes (do nothing), then manually initiate a library update. (Make sure you had disabled update library on startup beforehand)
(2013-05-30, 16:32)Kibje Wrote: The idea was that it was caused by the 'scan recursive' but this does not seem to be the case.

Could you please do this (just so we have a clear reference of your current settings)

* Screenshot of scraper and sources like you did previously.
* debug log where you restart xbmc, wait 5 minutes (do nothing), then manually initiate a library update. (Make sure you had disabled update library on startup beforehand)

Sure! so to clarify you want another screenshot of the scraper and sources? Also, do you think the issue could be that I had 'scan recursively' checked during the initial build of the database (i.e. when I click Edit Source and Refresh all info)?
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
~1 minute delay when starting XBMC0